Graham Farish N Gauge Buses

Started by Adam1701D, July 12, 2011, 04:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc4946

Quite a few British buses were exported after withdrawal for further service ... as Farish's models are made to 1:160 scale, you could include examples on sightseeing tours or used as an office or shed.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

woodbury22uk

Brussels Airport Used ex-London Guy Arab Utility buses on airport tours in the 1950s. Finding suitable Belgian stock for a layout might be a challenge though.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

railsquid

Quote from: woodbury22uk on March 04, 2016, 06:25:27 PM
The final 7 models from the 32 announced originally are now on their way to the UK!
(...)
These were announced in the 2009 catalogue!
Typical Graham Farish buses... you wait for more than 6 years and 7 come along all at once.

robert shrives

gc4946

Quote from: gc4946 on March 04, 2016, 08:00:19 PM
Quite a few British buses were exported after withdrawal for further service ... as Farish's models are made to 1:160 scale, you could include examples on sightseeing tours or used as an office or shed.

I was thinking about Farish buses in general, not about their latest releases.

There's a Flickr site about British buses in the USA covering both new and exported vehicles after withdrawal https://www.flickr.com/photos/buses-international/sets/72157630062770618/

No doubt there are similar sources covering exports to the rest of the world.

In terms of the types of vehicles Farish have produced, Bristol Lodekkas, VRs and Leyland Atlanteans in particular were exported after withdrawal - the images give plenty of inspiration for those wanting to customise their Farish models.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

rogercrossley

The problem for me is that the DM-Toys site only has a few model cars for the era I'm modelling: June 1945. Everything else is post war. Of the models available, several from Oxford are suitable but the Hitch and Mercedes cars could only appear as war booty! Is there a source of models of pre-war cars in 1:148? Roger

javlinfaw7

R Parker does some late pre war and early post war cars and commercials in simple kit form , mainly 3 part  whie metal. They are easy to paint and assemble and a reasonably accurate

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations