Atso-Cad Models

Started by Stevie DC, December 06, 2013, 09:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Les1952

K1 looks interesting. 

Given its coupled wheelbase of 7'6 plus 8'9 and small wheels is a Farish 4MT tender loco chassis ( 7'7 plus 7'9) plus J39 tender an option?   The main drawback (apart from the missing 2mm between the rear wheels) is that the 4MT having the lightest body of the Farish tender drives is the one which has the greatest tendency to lock up.  That would mean adding some substantial weight inside the K1 to keep the wheels turning.

Shame the 6'9 plus 7' for the 2MT is really far too small.  It is a far better chassis. 

Just a thought.
Les

CarriageShed

Quote from: Atso on July 17, 2014, 12:48:02 AM
Pete33, if I get around to thinking about such a class, I'll give Colin a call. He does seem to be leaning back to LNER types at the moment though.  :D

Ouch. That's not good news. Can you tell him he's leaning the wrong way?

Paul B

Quote from: Pete33 on July 17, 2014, 09:22:55 PM
Pete33, if I get around to thinking about such a class, I'll give Colin a call. He does seem to be leaning back to LNER types at the moment though.  :D

Nothing wrong with leaning towards LNER...  >:(
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

CarriageShed

Quote from: Paul B on July 17, 2014, 09:25:18 PM

There is if you're modelling LMS, S&DJR, and SR of 1930. A lovely S&D loco in Prussian Blue would go down a treat!

Paul B

Quote from: Pete33 on July 17, 2014, 09:27:09 PM

There is if you're modelling LMS, S&DJR, and SR of 1930. A lovely S&D loco in Prussian Blue would go down a treat!

Personally I would love a GER loco in Great Eastern Royal Blue!  :) At least we can agree that blue is a good colour for loco's though!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

gelboy45

Today's announcement from Bachmann concerning their planned introduction of SE&CR Birdcage sets in n scale makes the H class even more attractive!

Gerry

Wingman mothergoose

Quote from: Pete33 on July 17, 2014, 09:22:55 PM

Is he? What's new over at Union Mills in the LNER persuasion?

Chris

Stevie DC

Quote from: Wingman mothergoose on July 20, 2014, 11:39:59 AMIs he? What's new over at Union Mills in the LNER persuasion?

Chris

Hi Chris,

Yes, Colin is supposedly going to be releasing a D16/3 Claud Hamilton this year. Shame I've got one in the (3D printing) build queue at the moment...  :(

gelboy45

Steve

I've sent you a message re the M7 chassis for your H Class to your website.

Gerry

Stevie DC

Quote from: gelboy45 on July 21, 2014, 08:21:12 AM
Steve

I've sent you a message re the M7 chassis for your H Class to your website.

Gerry

Gerry, received and replied to! :)

CarriageShed

Quote from: gelboy45 on July 20, 2014, 11:30:52 AM
Today's announcement from Bachmann concerning their planned introduction of SE&CR Birdcage sets in n scale makes the H class even more attractive!

Gerry

The birdcage set will certainly be attractive, but I doubt that I could work them into a western sector layout. Did they ever travel further west than Guildford?

Stevie DC

Hi all,

As per my post on my personal workbench thread, I'm yet to be in a position to set up shop to do any serious modelling.

However, two 'new' models have been released on Shapeways for sale. These are:

LNER Dia 120 Full Brake (Pigeon Van) - 39.54 Euro (approx. £29.60)

Following numerous requests for this model I have put this model on Shapeways in a slightly modified form to the kit. You will need, wheels and NEM couplings to complete.

LNER C12 - 26.69 Euro (approx. £20)

Recommended chassis for this is the Dapol 14xx which will need modifications. The rear coupling, outside frame and coils will need to be removed from the chassis along with 5mm from the front chassis weight. A Farish bogie (Jubilee or similar) will need to be pinned under the footplate to gain the correct 4-4-2 wheel arrangement.

Following Shapeways's pricing restructure, my own models have increased slightly in price. Further details to follow once I've calculated the approximate new UK prices.

For those wondering about the H Class. I still have not been able to progress this further but will do so once I'm back in a position to build the prototype.

geminijkr

Hi Steve,
Good to see you getting back into action bit by bit.
I already have the LNER Brake but I think I will indulge in another one. The C12 would have been great but I already have two professionally scratch built which I could never match. So I await the K1.  I did email pictures of my two K3's and N2 directly so I hope you received them. The quality of the photos isn't as good as I would like and I still haven't found the way to include them in my postings. They are currently the most active locos on the fleet!!!!
Best regards
Keith

Stevie DC

Hi Keith,

Many thanks, I've got them! Without any further delay, here are Keith's pictures of his excellent K3 and N2 builds.

Some interesting rolling stock pictured here too, Keith.

geminijkr

Hi Steve,
Thanks. I started off with the time frame of the early 1950's and there were only kits for LNER/ Eastern BR rolling stock available at the time. Over the years much more has become available and I have become far more flexible about time frame and run anything from Blue LNER with Gresley Teak coaches to early diesels with Maroon rakes of Mark 1 and Gresley's. There is still limited RTR models of non corridor coaches and grouping coaches that lasted well into BR days.
Regards
Keith

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations