Revolution Trains new models and reruns.

Started by Caz, September 06, 2018, 08:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

I'm like a kid at Christmas.

TEAs seems a cert to me.

325? A 90 maybe? Painted samples of new things. I may explode. It's a very real risk.

Skyline2uk

Quote from: njee20 on September 07, 2018, 10:03:05 AM
I'm like a kid at Christmas.

TEAs seems a cert to me.

325? A 90 maybe? Painted samples of new things. I may explode. It's a very real risk.

Please don't  :smiley-laughing:

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Buzzard on September 07, 2018, 07:01:31 AM
Quote from: jpendle on September 06, 2018, 10:35:38 PMWhat's left.

Now that would just cause me to build another layout I won't finish and a world of cost :doh:

Quote from: NGS-PO on September 07, 2018, 08:28:18 AM
I'm hanging my coat on a peg marked Class 28. (I'd like it to be Falcon, but I don't see it.)

Either would do me, although the class 28 really needs a twin weathered pack - 1 powered, 1 dummy :D

railsquid

My money's on a Fell Diesel. No layout is complete without one.  :beers:

bluedepot

probably an 87 or a 90 i would think as they like wcml????

jpendle

I must admit I forgot about multiple units.

If its a diesel, then the 175 and 185 come to mind, plus loads of units from the 60's until privatisation.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

njee20

I'd say the 90 would be a great choice, but with Bachmann doing a OO gauge one you may expect a shrink ray to be applied in due course.

That said... Revolution already have painted samples of some things, and given Farish haven't even announced one and are beyond slow at releasing anything these days I'd bet my hat that Ben and Mike could steal a march on them and get theirs out far quicker. It'd be a gamble, but I'd give it very good odds.

87 could be interesting, would be an earlier period than a lot of their models, but would complement the 86 certainly, and just about the 92 and Pendolino.

Dunno what else... I'd love to see some car carriers - I know Ben thought the IPA was too much of a risk, and too expensive in a 4-car variant, but maybe the STVA covered single deck carriers used for vans and larger cars. Would go with the 92, WCML (and far wider), interesting model.

A 325 would be great and an interesting choice, but possibly a bit niche/limited appeal. Electrostars? Lots of potential derivatives, but could be a risk given their proliferation south of the river with few other RTR options.

Other container flats? Ecofrets? FSA/FTA? FLA?

PaulCheffus

Hi

Maybe some sort of Ferry Van especially as I am just about to start building some more Belgian ones.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

Buzzard

Quote from: njee20 on September 07, 2018, 02:33:09 PMA 325 would be great and an interesting choice, but possibly a bit niche/limited appeal.

Didn't stop the production of a Pendolino.

Perhaps a bit of On Track Plant might be on the cards.  How many could find space for a Plasser or a rail grinder?

Quote from: njee20 on September 07, 2018, 02:33:09 PMOther container flats? Ecofrets? FSA/FTA? FLA?

Nooooooooooooooo!  I'm all containered out and haven't finished the last purchase of kits from C=Rail.

Buzzard

Quote from: PaulCheffus on September 07, 2018, 02:58:17 PMMaybe some sort of Ferry Van

With you on that.

One day someone must really get around to the Transfesa and smooth sided Interfrigo vans.

Quote from: PaulCheffus on September 07, 2018, 02:58:17 PMas I am just about to start building some more Belgian ones.

Perhaps you'd better put your modelling knife down until 09.01 tomorrow?

njee20

The 325 seems more niche than a Pendolino, given the 320/321 struggled to gain sufficient interest it feels that a more esoteric prototype which has essentially only operated in one livery, in a fairly small time period and geographical window may be a stretch too far. That said, I've started scratch building one, which probably makes it far more likely!

There's always room for more boxes! The FSA/FTA could be good. I would say FFA/FGA, but Bachmann have that covered in OO (eventually and at vast expense, so perhaps not).

red_death

There's loads of really good ideas in this thread and I'm enjoying seeing some of the guesses!

jpendle

I'd definately be in for a modern car carrier,espacially a covered one, so you don't need any cars!

I fail to see why a 4 car unit would be too expensive. Let's face it, most modern freights have at least 12 wagons or more. So instead of buying 12 TEA's I would just be buying 3 four unit car carriers.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

njee20

The 4-car units are the double deck ones like this, I agree that I'd not be put off by a 4-car unit at all at (say) £100 for a set, rather than £25 each, I get that you limit the market to people wanting several though.

It's these I think would be more likely, but the canvas sides could be hard to do. We shall see tomorrow! I'm not convinced I'll sleep.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations