Problems uploading images

Started by jrb, January 07, 2016, 06:35:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrb

I've been trying to write a post, and put some images in. I've done this many times already, and I'm not doing anything different, but now it's not playing...

I've tried uploading the pics a few times, but they're not showing in the preview (as they have always done before). I wondered if there was a limit on number of pictures per album, so created another album & uploaded there, but no joy.

Now I've just noticed that when I click on "Insert Picture to Forum", it brings up the pop-up window as before, but it now says "Your submission will be reviewed by a moderator before being made public" which I don't think it did before. I'm now wondering if that's why my pics weren't showing in the preview?

I don't know why my pics now need approval, if that is the case. Have I upset someone? :-[

austinbob

Quote from: jrb on January 07, 2016, 06:35:25 PM
I've been trying to write a post, and put some images in. I've done this many times already, and I'm not doing anything different, but now it's not playing...

I've tried uploading the pics a few times, but they're not showing in the preview (as they have always done before). I wondered if there was a limit on number of pictures per album, so created another album & uploaded there, but no joy.

Now I've just noticed that when I click on "Insert Picture to Forum", it brings up the pop-up window as before, but it now says "Your submission will be reviewed by a moderator before being made public" which I don't think it did before. I'm now wondering if that's why my pics weren't showing in the preview?

I don't know why my pics now need approval, if that is the case. Have I upset someone? :-[
I think that message has always been there but it usually only takes a few seconds for the picture to upload. I'm sure Tank or someone will be along soon to help with any problems.  :beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

scotsoft

I have checked the unapproved posts and images and there is nothing there regarding your posts, plus you have not upset anyone as far as I can see.

Could you tell me the size and type of the images you are trying to post please.

Cheers John.

jrb

Quote from: scotsoft on January 07, 2016, 07:16:12 PM
I have checked the unapproved posts and images and there is nothing there regarding your posts, plus you have not upset anyone as far as I can see.

Could you tell me the size and type of the images you are trying to post please.

Cheers John.

John,

Sorry, I think I've got it sorted now - just realised the images I was trying to upload were bitmaps!!!  :doh:

Re-saved them as jpegs now; I'll try again...  :sorrysign:

scotsoft

No need to apologise, I am happy you have worked it out  :claphappy:

Cheers John.

Tank

Yup, glad you've sorted it out.  :) 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP