Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozzie Bill.

Dace, my oppo took some pix, I'll see if I can get them. It was a good trip but I admit to being tired today!

dannyboy

Am I feeling good?  ;D.  I have just paid the last instalment on the loan I got two years ago for my new central heating, I have been told that the new car I ordered on 1st December should be delivered by 7th February, (and I received a €500 shopping voucher the other day for buying the car  :thumbsup:), also, I requested on 13th November that I be allowed to cut my monthly working hours from 144 to 120, (i.e. drop 2 shifts a month). I finally got a reply this morning, (shows how good the bosses are at 'man management'!), saying that it was all sorted and the new hours start from next week!  (I cut my hours from 168 to 144 12 months ago). And, more importantly, my recent health issues are still being kept in check!  Life can be good. :claphappy:  :beers:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: dannyboy on January 10, 2018, 08:34:50 PM
Am I feeling good?  ;D.  I have just paid the last instalment on the loan I got two years ago for my new central heating, I have been told that the new car I ordered on 1st December should be delivered by 7th February, (and I received a €500 shopping voucher the other day for buying the car  :thumbsup:), also, I requested on 13th November that I be allowed to cut my monthly working hours from 144 to 120, (i.e. drop 2 shifts a month). I finally got a reply this morning, (shows how good the bosses are at 'man management'!), saying that it was all sorted and the new hours start from next week!  (I cut my hours from 168 to 144 12 months ago). And, more importantly, my recent health issues are still being kept in check!  Life can be good. :claphappy:  :beers:
Did you buy a lottery ticket as well ?
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

dannyboy

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on January 12, 2018, 02:42:06 PM
Did you buy a lottery ticket as well ?

Yes I did. But I am sat here at home writing this reply, rather than being on the train across the Canadian Rockies, (or something similar).  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Phoenix

Wow !!!

Loads of good news coming in there  :D  :D  :D

Really pleased for you.

Kevin

:beers:  :claphappy:  :beers:

scottmitchell74

@Lindi
Quote from: Lindi on January 11, 2018, 03:14:43 PM
Quote from: scottmitchell74 on January 11, 2018, 01:59:28 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I did try bending them up. Nothing.

I've finally been able to correspond with someone at Hatton's who have given me a straight answer. Seems I'll be sending it in for a refund, saying goodbye to it forever.

It was on preorder since May! Talk about a let down. (And I know many people waited much longer)

Just one more thought. when you put the body back on are the small tabs at the ends of the chassis engaging correctly?

Bingo was his Name-O!!

This makes me feel like a front-line, major league tool! I was being too dainty putting things back together, and it was/is a hard push to get the ends to snap back all the way. With more pressure, I heard a distinct "snap" and now all lights work in all directions.

A lesson learned! I'm a tool, I need more patience and this place remains the best forum on Earth.  :NGaugersRule:
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

port perran

Glad to hear that things are going your way Danny.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

The thermometer on the outside of my French windows tells me the temperature is 36 degrees C ('cos it's currently in direct sunlight). The wooden panels at the bottom of the garden are steaming away merrily.
Why don't I feel that warm? :cold:
Still, it's good to see the sun is still in the firmaments :)

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on January 26, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
The thermometer on the outside of my French windows tells me the temperature is 36 degrees F ('cos it's currently in direct sunlight). The wooden panels at the bottom of the garden are steaming away merrily.
It's not because you are sitting there in your pink onesie, is it?😇
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

daveg

Quote from: Malc on January 26, 2018, 03:11:33 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on January 26, 2018, 02:25:57 PM
The thermometer on the outside of my French windows tells me the temperature is 36 degrees F ('cos it's currently in direct sunlight). The wooden panels at the bottom of the garden are steaming away merrily.
It's not because you are sitting there in your pink onesie, is it?😇

Eeek!

Request for a Scarey Thread, please.   :o

Dave G

Newportnobby

I refuse to be drawn on where the onesie's button holes are, but it certainly needs ironing :laugh3:

daveg

Quote from: newportnobby on January 26, 2018, 03:32:55 PM
I refuse to be drawn on where the onesie's button holes are, but it certainly needs ironing :laugh3:

:-X :stop:

Dave G

Newportnobby

Yesterday, the weather being clement, I opened up the double French doors on my conservatory a.k.a. mancave to air the room. Imagine my horror late yesterday afternoon when I tried to lock up and couldn't. One door had dropped on it's hinges meaning I couldn't close and lock it, and as the other door closes and locks onto the first one I was bujiggered. All I could do at that time of day was pull them as close as I could and wind my bicycle padlock cable round the handles inside, my thinking being if anyone tried to open the doors they'd wake me up with the noise.
Anyway, to the happy bit. My Mum recommended a young chap who repairs locks, windows and doors so I called him this morning. An hour later he was here, removed the double glazing from the dropped door, put new packers in to re-balance the door and, hey ho, all was done in less than an hour at a cost of just £25 (I didn't have a fiver so gave him £30). My peace of mind and the safety of Kimbolted is well worth the price. I think I'll sleep better tonight :)

tutenkhamunsleeping

Quote from: newportnobby on January 30, 2018, 12:17:27 PM
One door had dropped on it's hinges meaning I couldn't close and lock it, and as the other door closes and locks onto the first one I was bujiggered.

I know that feeling well.  Having moved into a new build we've had to have man-with-ommer in to fix virtually every glazed door and window.  At least it's free under warranty :unimpressed:

daveg

The Happy bit is I spent most of the morning in the railway room.  :)

Decided it was time to run a few of the kettles that hadn't seen the light of day for a while. I have a little 'service tag' that I use to show when the loco was last run and if it was oiled.

Some of the 8 locos exercised this morning hadn't been out of their boxes since the middle of 2016 - shame on me!

All went well until I took out one of my favourites - a weathered WD. A decent 5 minute run went sour when one of the coupling rods came away at the centre drive wheel  :doh: Can't see what may be missing so it'll have to go to a repairer. Bother!

There's a fairly large bunch steamers yet to be given a day out so I'm hoping the problem of this morning isn't habit forming.  :worried:

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations