Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

In all honesty the salary wasn't the only motivator here. Yes it's nice to be offered more but I will be leaving a secure job where I'm highly thought of by all so it was always going to be a big decision. My boss is gutted that I'll be going but agrees that I'd be silly not to take it. It is also a job I have done elsewhere in the past so I don't see too many issues there.
Probably my biggest decision left to make is what to do with my own car. I may need to sell it as I don't really have room to store it on the drive.
Thanks for all the good wishes.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Tank

Quote from: Trainfish on July 08, 2013, 12:52:32 AM
On Friday I was offered a new job in Swindon and after having thought about it over the weekend I have decided to accept it. They have offered me £6500 more than I am on at the moment plus a car. It didn't really take too much thinking about if I'm honest  :)

Well done to you Trainfish!  Very good news.  :)

scotsoft

I have now connected my television to the fibre optic broadband  :claphappy:

The television will now update itself and I can watch You Tube videos whilst sitting comfortably when there are no television programmes I wish to watch  :tv:

cheers John.

moogle

Quote from: Trainfish on July 09, 2013, 12:42:09 AM
Probably my biggest decision left to make is what to do with my own car. I may need to sell it as I don't really have room to store it on the drive.
Thanks for all the good wishes.

Well done and good luck with the job!  :thumbsup:
As to the car, think of it as a train fund on wheels.  ;)
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Oldman

Ordered Monday Night and arrived today - 2 reels of enamelled copper wire.
These two reels should last me till I am pushing up daisies or I loose them.( 70m on one and 100m on the other) :goggleeyes:.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Newportnobby

Hey Mike,

What's a very grumpy old g*t doing in the Happy Thread ??? :D

keerout

:laughabovepost: Having a Happy Day?  :worried:
Gerard.

Oldman

Quote from: newportnobby on July 10, 2013, 11:44:47 AM
Hey Mike,

Having one of my 6 allocated happy days this year :laugh3:
Also found my missing roll of wire. :claphappy:
Can now finish wiring under my board, plus all the windows are open and there is a nice breeze to keep me cool.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

loco4401

Im happy as today i got faller kit 232360 for my farm and looking forward to when i get the time cast alottment kits

Sprintex

Quote from: Oldman on July 10, 2013, 01:01:18 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on July 10, 2013, 11:44:47 AM

Having one of my 6 allocated happy days this year :laugh3:

So most of the time you're grumpy, and 6 days a year you're happy ...

:hmmm:

How many days are allocated to being the other five dwarves?? :D

Paul

Michael Shillabeer

Had my car's air con recharged today :)

Drove to the Calne show with the external temperature gauge showing 33 but lovely and cool inside  8)

Michael

EtchedPixels

Sitting upstairs in the shade watching the Red Arrows out of the window while modelling.

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Oldman

Finally think my doctor may be getting closer to sorting my health problems.  :thumbsup:
Got another blood test and waiting for the date for my CT Scan.
More antibiotic based pills prescribed. :unimpressed:
Hopefullly the scan will confirm the problems.

My chest X-Rays were fine, but have been advised to take it easy in the current warm weather.

Oldman

Quote from: newportnobby on July 16, 2013, 09:08:00 PM
Good luck with the scan results, Mike :thumbsup:

Cheers Mick,
Just had phone call today setting up the appointment- not a CT Scan but Ultrasound. :uneasy:  NO I AM NOT  PREGNANT  :goggleeyes:
Appointment 23/7/13  impressed with fast service.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations