Happy thread

Started by Deleted Member, March 30, 2011, 06:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trainfish

I think I'm happy that yesterday I took delivery of 2 more Dapol blue/grey HSTs. But, as I received an email from Model Railways Direct this morning to say 2 more are on their way and I got knocked back £250 for being off work sick for a week I'm not too sure. It's been a VERY expensive week! Generally happy though and now I just have to decide whether to sell on 2 of my 6 HSTs or keep all 6.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Skyline2uk

Wow Trainfish, is it warm in the Doghouse?! I thought you had trouble with getting just two HST sets into the house! Could you pass off the new two as the the previous two?

Skyline2uk

Trainfish

Too late for the 2 which turned up today (not sure why I put yesterday in my original post) she was woken up by the postman delivering them! As for the 2 in transit it depends on when they turn up. Not sure if there are deliveries tomorrow but if they turn up either tomorrow all day or Monday before 11 then she'll spot those too. I may have to re-locate and put the laptop in the doghouse and report back from there  :worried:

Still, at least the other 5 or 6 pre-orders aren't on their way yet  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

daveg

Hi All

Happy to be able to enjoy Christmas with family and friends.  :foodanddrink:

Here's a pic I took the other day of the park that is just outside my back gate - Knole Park.

I'll be back online on 27 December so wish all you folks a good time and look forward to learning what Father Christmas left for you this year.

Dave G

cookiescrumble

Rather happy with the cracking serviced I've received from Amazon.

Having seen it advertised on TV I decided that getting a copy of Lego Creationary for the family to play at Christmas would be a cracking idea. I had no idea how hard it would be to get one though....

I spent ages trawling the internet and searching the high street. I couldn't find it in stock anywhere, well unless I paid £80 for it on eBay or popped up to a Toys r Us in Gateshead ..... The Amazon website however said that would be getting it back into stock on the 18th and even with the free super saver postage it would be here for Christmas on the 24th. So my order was placed on the 13th and the finger crossing commenced  :worried:.

So the 18th came and went and no word from Amazon arrived, they had even stopped taking more orders before this date. Then the 19th came and went followed by the 20th..... and still nothing. So I resigned myself to the fact that there was no chance of me getting in time for Christmas  :'(.

Then on the 21st, in the evening, I got an email from them saying that my order had been dispatched. But it didn't seem quite right at first, the game was being sent to me from their warehouse in Germany  :confused1:. What they had done was quite marvelous  :D, they had sent one to me by UPS next day delivery so that it would be here for Christmas! and the best thing? At no extra charge! 

Though and behold, as promised I got the order this morning!  :bounce:

I would also like to take this opportunity to wish all my fellow N gaugers a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

:NGaugersRule:

Newportnobby

Good service, indeed :claphappy:
Happy Christmas to you and yours too :thumbsup:

Jerry Howlett

:claphappy: :claphappy: Amazon deserve credit for that. We use them a lot as they deliver to Italy free if the order is over £25. Excellent customer service as well.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Trainfish

I received a loco today from our very own Dr Al. I paid for it Friday night, he posted it Saturday, I received it Monday. So a big  :thankyousign: to both Dr Al and the post office.
John

<*))))><

Trainfish

I've had a few happy days actually. New Years Eve (Monday) we went to a friend's house and got absolutely hammered  :beers: At some point one of his daughters held a raffle to raise money for her upcoming school trip to South Africa and I won a HUGE box of chocolates!
Then on Tuesday I saw that Model Railways Direct had some Farish half relief terraced houses listed at £7.50 each instead of the RRP of £18.35. I went into the loft last night to find out how many I needed, guessing about 10. By the time I got back to my PC it was after midnight and the price had gone up to £14.70 each! I was gutted at first. Then I thought, 'I can write a good email, even a cheeky email, maybe I can get them for £7.50 after all'. So, that's what I did, I asked if I could buy all 29 of them (gulp) at £7.50 each.
Today they emailed me to say yes, I can have them all for that price. I took them up on the offer and now have 58 rear halves (each building is a pair) of terraced houses on their way to me! I must admit I did wonder later whether I'd gone a bit mad ordering 29 of them but hey ho, I'll live  :doh:
Then finally on Wednesday, I get home from work and open up my home emails. One of them jumps out at me which says
Quote"CONGRATULATIONS! You are our Hornby Advent Calendar grand prize draw winner!"

So, I now have £500 to spend on the Hornby site which I then have to sell to enable me to buy proper railway stuff, ie N gauge! Unless of course others have ideas on how I convert £500 at Hornby into as much money as possible to spend on N gauge. Feel free to PM any ideas.

So, all in all not a bad few days really  :D
John

<*))))><

daveg

Wow  TF! That's what I call a result!  :laughabovepost:

Well done and good luck with all that Hornby dosh - no ideas how to swap it but there may well be a deal somewhere.

Hope your lucky start goes right the way through 2013.

Dave G

scotsoft

That is a wonderful start to the year Trainfish, well done and I hope you can maximise your Hornby purchases.

cheers John.

jonclox

Go so fed up with this laptop and its lack of user friendliness that becausesorting sons PC out last week Ive 'invested' in an uptodate tower system for myself. Bassic model but modern SATA drives etc so I can add 'extras' as money becomes available  :claphappy:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

Lawrence

Well I'm on the lookout for a laptop for a project if anyone is chucking them out, OS is unimportant, as long as it works.  I'll even pay the postage  ;) ;D

scotsoft

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations