Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: The angry thread  (Read 370563 times)

Offline RailGooner

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5655 on: Yesterday at 02:18:36 pm »
Many years ago the City Council decided to post a 20 mph limit for streets in Oxford. But the Police say the signage is wrong and so refuse to enforce the 20 limit, instead enforcing a 30 limit. The result is that tourists drive at 21 and locals (on the rare occasions that traffic isn't jammed) drive at 35. :doh:
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:21:20 pm by RailGooner »
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
Re: The angry thread
« Reply #5656 on: Yesterday at 08:08:48 pm »
I was taught to drive when I was in the Police and have been on the advanced drivers course - I can not explain how much 'fun' (!) it is, driving at 70/80mph in an unmarked car, (no lights or sirens), whilst giving a running commentary, explaining what you can see front and rear and explaining what you are doing and why you are doing it. Here in Ireland, if not driving on a newish road, the limit is generally 80kph, (50mph), and on some of the roads, it is impossible to do anywhere near that speed, but it is surprising, when it is possible, how many drivers are going at 40kph. When I get somebody behind who is obviously in a hurry, not casting aspersions here, but it is usually a young male driver, I just let them pass when safe and think, "Go on, be a statistic". Probably a large percentage of fatal accidents in Ireland involve a single vehicle.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £65.00
Above Goal: £10.00
Site Currency: GBP
March Donations

Advertise Here