!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Atlas Vs Kato  (Read 4390 times)

Offline Pengi

• Trade Count: (+7)
    • Twitter
    • Awards
Re: Atlas Vs Kato
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2012, 11:28:16 am »
Traintrax are excellent. I think shopping via his on-line shop is cheaper than shopping via his eBay shop
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Offline Zunnan

• N Gauge Society Number: 17178
    • Facebook
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 11:38:08 am »
I prefer to pay 40-45 per Kato loco and then pay the 20% VAT on imports, its a bit cheaper. Thats before I even touch the clearance bins and find certain models for as much as half the price. I rarely pay more than 15 shipping and usually order around 200 at a time (5 locos for example), 215 plus the 20% VAT is 258, plus the PO 8 fee (if its more they're ripping you off, the official fee is still 8 according to their website today) works out to 266 for 5 locos; or 53.20 each on an initial price of 40. I'll let you do the maths when I see stuff like the F40PH for 30, and its considerably cheaper than the sale items at Traintrax even after importing ;)
Like a Phoenix from the ashes...morelike a rotten old Dog Bone

Offline Pengi

• Twitter
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 11:43:01 am »
Also consider Germany. Bought a Kato Thalys for 100 cheaper than the UK, and it arrived in three days! The seller is lok-willy (eBay)
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £40.00
Below Goal: £15.00
Site Currency: GBP
73% 
October Donations

Advertise Here