A little help with loco and coach choices please.

Started by Phoenix, March 02, 2018, 12:25:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-a-n

I'll have to dig out the photo of the western region 2mt with one or two carriages behind it for you. Think it's in a magazine but might be in a book.

longbow

For an authentic rake of Mk1 coaches in chocolate and cream (or indeed in any livery with WR running numbers) you will need to buy second hand as most of them are out of production.

Phoenix

Cheers, many thanks for that, it would save me a lot of searching  :thumbsup:

Looking at some new prices, I think that would be the way I would have to go, as I am starting as a newcomer with nothing  :worried:

I don't want to buy second hand locos, as I think that may be a bit risky and false economy, but for rolling stock, I will be any second hand sellers new best friend  :D :D

All best wishes from a snow bound England  :cold:

Kevin

Newportnobby

Hi Kevin,
I have filtered my rolling stock spreadsheet to show what 'W' prefix coaches I have as this may help you in tracking reference numbers down. See attached.

JohnN

I'm a bit late to the party with this thread Kevin and most of what I was going to say has already been said. So I'll say good luck with the new project which I am really looking forward to seeing develop and leave it at that.   :beers:

Phoenix

Cheers John, and thank you for all your encouragement with "Windmill Hill"  :D

The big layout is a very long way off yet, but I want to slowly start collecting stock, so I will have something to run when I do get there.

While I am planning that, the next build will be a dock/harbour scene, in a case the same size as "Windmill Hill" which I hope you will enjoy following along with.

With all best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

longbow

Here's a good offer to get you started in chocolate and cream - no boxes and the Diner is not a Blue Riband version but a keen price from a reputable retailer.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-ASSORTED-N-GRAHAM-FARISH-BR-CHOCOLATE-CREAM-MK1-COACHES-7F/162891331998?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Bealman

Looking forward to the harbour layout! If it's anything like Windmill Hill it'll be a cracker!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations