BBC report Minor earthquake (4.4) effecting England and Wales

Started by Delboy, February 17, 2018, 03:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

austinbob

Yes - sorry about that... My Minitrix Warship fell off the track again.
:hmmm: :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

EtchedPixels

Yep.. it was centered not far from here (in Pontardawe a bit NE of Swansea). We we're all wondering wtf but no reports of damage - and it was pretty short.

I thought it was just tthat the Ospreys scrum had collapsed 8)
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

railsquid

(railsquid, living on the junction of three tectonic plates, sniggers)

Delboy

She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Newportnobby

Felt a minor tremor through the sofa when doing the Daily Fail sudoku but just dismissed it as a botty burp.

Delboy

bridgiesimon

my mu and sister felt it in N Devon but here in Somerset, didnt feel anything. could have been a problem as I have been loading wagons, could have missed and got coal everywhere!

Simon

robert shrives

Hi ,
Working on fifth floor in Birmingham today and felt it and an aftershock shortly after. First was a  rumble that shook the desks the second was longer and softer but still audible and rattled the building.

No worse than the others I have had in North Wales. One of those was centered 12 miles away.

all part of life`s merry tale.
Robert

BoxTunnel

Quote from: railsquid on February 17, 2018, 03:52:39 PM

And you're about 80 years overdue for a really big one as far as I understand?

Graham, running for the hills.
"I don't think anybody is anybody else's moral compass. Maybe listening to my music is not the best idea if you live a very constricted life. Or maybe it is." - Lou Reed.

railsquid

Quote from: BoxTunnel on February 18, 2018, 04:25:55 AM
Quote from: railsquid on February 17, 2018, 03:52:39 PM

And you're about 80 years overdue for a really big one as far as I understand?

Graham, running for the hills.

That won't do you much good, half of 'em are active or dormant volcanoes.

emjaybee

Thank you @themadhippy , I nearly wet myself. Wife's had a major coughing fit 'cos she laughed so much.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Yet_Another

Should anyone be offended by this being referenced to Port Talbot please let me know and I'll remove it
@newportnobby  I don't see how NGF can be considered a friendly forum if this is allowed to stand.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations