!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: How do you replace your stock in your storage yard?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline kiwi1941

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 11394
    • Awards
Re: How do you replace your stock in your storage yard?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2018, 02:04:16 am »
Got mine direct from Proses, shipped DHL from Istambul  €32 including P&P; took about 5 days but that was over a weekend. Routing was from Istamboul to Frankfurt to UK.

Me too, shipped without problems to New Zealand. I wouldn't now be without it. Their catalogue makes interesting reading too. Brian
Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Wendell Phillips.

Eternal paranoia is the price of liberty: vigilance is not enough. Len Deighton.

Offline Chetcombe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21564
    • YouTube
    • Chetcombe on YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2018, 03:20:13 am »
What an inspirational thread. I add my best wishes to Terry for a full recovery and am so pleased that he has got the trains running again around Neely.

I use Kato retailers in tight places, but will research the Osborns website for the Prose (as I am sure many other forum members will also be doing!).

Offline daveg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2018, 07:29:24 am »
Looks like Grim Determination (cousin to Percy Veer) is paying off - nice to hear!  :thumbsup:

All the best.

Dave G

Offline Zwilnik

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 19730
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2018, 10:37:58 am »
Excuse spelling oddities.  I am using the smsrtphone. So combination of small keys handshake sns eyesight makes anything happen.

Can you switch the Accessibility options on? (on iPhone it's in Settings -> General -> Accessibility) Apart from increasing the text size, you can tweak touch settings to make it easier to tap things with shaky hands or enable the Zoom mode or magnifier.

Offline Railwaygun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21889
  • Keen on Military Rail, Kato Unitrack, & Z21/DCC
    • Railwaygun, Armoured train and Military Railway group
    • Awards
This has been a public service announcement
It may contain alternative facts

Caveat lector

The largest Railwaygun, Armoured Train & Military Rail group in the world!
https://groups.io/g/railwaygun/topics

My Military Rail Pinterest area
https://uk.pinterest.com/NDRobotnik/

Motto: Semper ubi, sub ubi

Offline ntpntpntp

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2018, 02:38:53 pm »
It looks like it should be possible to actually make one with a couple of L profile strips of aluminium and some card to insulate the centreline (and box the end). Which might be handy if you need a longer one to put a whole train together and run onto the track.

You mean like a cassette system?  They're quite a popular method for hidden storage (I made these for my lad's OO9 layout)

Nick.   2016 celebrating the 20th anniversary of "Königshafen" exhibition layout!

Offline Zwilnik

• Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2018, 02:54:21 pm »
It looks like it should be possible to actually make one with a couple of L profile strips of aluminium and some card to insulate the centreline (and box the end). Which might be handy if you need a longer one to put a whole train together and run onto the track.

You mean like a cassette system?  They're quite a popular method for hidden storage (I made these for my lad's OO9 layout)

Yes although without the wooden base (at least for the front section) so the cassette can be placed on the rails for power and train driven straight onto the track.
If you want to over engineer a bit some triangular profile wood strips on either side to guide the wheels down to exact rail width might be useful if the idea is to be able to place the stock into the cassette without accuracy (due to reduced fine motor control) for the train to automatically line up with the rails.

Offline Zwilnik

• Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2018, 02:56:36 pm »
Although thinking about it you just need some triangles of card flat at the exit end to guide the wheels into position.

Offline terrysoham

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22528
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2018, 03:18:31 pm »
Although thinking about it you just need some triangles of card flat at the exit end to guide the wheels into position.

What a great idea.  Just wondered if the stock travelled well or does it fall off
Terry Metcalfe
Ely and District Model Railway Club
Owner of Neely, modern N scale representation of Ely, available for exhibitions

Please Support Us!
August Goal: £65.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Total Receipts: £67.50
Above Goal: £2.50
Site Currency: GBP
104% 
August Donations

Advertise Here