!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Precision Labels - Pullman conversions (for original 1980s Farish Pullmans)  (Read 638 times)

Offline Dsolds

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
This is fascinating to me, thanks so much for sharing. Regarding the transfers, can I ask which ones you used? I only see water slide transfers when I search for them but you mention plastic printed labels.

Also, you mention internal mods, what do you have in mind? I was thinking about trying to make the table lamps light up with micro LEDs rather than having roof lighting. The Hornby OO Pullman’s have this and I believe the N gauge Brighton Belle carriages do as well.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25174
  • 2mm Association Number: 4194
    • Awards
http://www.precisionlabels.com/l12.html?

this is the correct set of plastic labels.  They are like vinyls but have a greater rigidity.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Awards
A quick aside.

whilst rummaging around for the King Arthur I remembered I had the Arch Laser kit to convert a G siphon into Winston Churchill's funeral coach. As it can be used with Pullmans and carried the same livery (as now restored) I decided to start putting it together.  It's a bit fiddly but worth the extra work.

Stage 1 tonight to get the body cut up and reassembled.  Before anyone says you have put the floor in without internal painting and glazing, the kit floor is really a jig to set the coach width and I will cut most of it out later  :)

Offline Snowwolflair

• Awards
First coats of paint and it looks quite good, although the wood grain is hard to smooth.

Offline Shiney Sheff

• N Gauge Society Number: 23792
    • Awards
First coats of paint and it looks quite good, although the wood grain is hard to smooth.

Are you using acrylic paint? if so, because it is water based it will always bring the grain up, ideally you need oil based paints to stop this happening.

Offline Snowwolflair

• Awards
The wood was sealed prior to painting, however it is a very open grain ply and to fill out the grain completely would wipe out the detail.

Please Support Us!
January Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jan 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
January Donations

Advertise Here
anything