Graham Farish New Product Announcement - 2018 Full List

Started by guest2, January 07, 2018, 11:40:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martyn

I'm a keen fan of Thompson coaches-but not many at the expected prices.......I'll stick with my Ultima kits and conversions.

Martyn

davidinyork

Quote from: woodbury22uk on January 11, 2018, 04:19:00 PM
The old Graham Farish website with product listings appears to have been taken down. The last update was on 1 January when I viewed it on Sunday. So now we can only see the new website with the new product listing. Guess they are putting up the new prices for the previously announced stuff.

http://www.bachmann.co.uk/farish.php

That URL doesn't work, and so far as I can see there's currently nothing about Farish on the new website other than theblog post about new releases. Have they temporarily pulled the Farish product listing pace for some reason?

Roy L S

Quote from: njee20 on January 11, 2018, 06:42:22 PM
Certainly in the "eye watering" category! Would potentially have had some to respray as Caledonian Sleeper coaches, but not at that price!

Do these Mk2s have some additional features on them that might explain the extra cost (e.g. lighting)?

I see the Thompsons are showing at £34 discounted on the same retailer's site. I am fairly happy to pay that if they are as good as the NGS Thompson BG, and I have little doubt they will be. In the same vein I am fine paying £110 discounted for a green 31 that is Next 18 sound ready, to me that's not a bad price at all. Same goes for a sound fitted 8F - around £220 is entirely reasonable in my opinion when compared to buying loco, chip with sound file and speaker then finding someone to do the work.

I guess you get what you pay for and the models really are pushing the boundaries now. Reality is prices were unsustainably low a few years back and modellers got used to that. It has come as a nasty shock now this has adjusted, but for manufacturers to remain successful they can't make models at a loss.

Like others my modelling budget has limits and I buy far fewer "rule 1" or on impulse these days. I am happy that with the quality we have less is more.

Truthfully Model railways has never really been a cheap hobby.

Roy

RailGooner

Quote from: Lindi on January 11, 2018, 06:25:00 PM
Hattons have updated there prices for the Farish Mk2f coaches. The RRP is £42.95 (£44.95 for the DBSO)

Bachmann are increasing all there prices from 1st February

:jawdropping: Don't need any and that at price I'll never want any.

njee20

I wondered about lighting, I recall the forthcoming OO gauge ones do, and DCC fitted DBSOs and what not, but they another notch more expensive again, and it would be horrific PR to announce a price rise and forget to announce you've made a massive upgrade to the model. One would assume they'd strive to do the opposite...

emjaybee

I was assuming that at that price it not only had lighting but a buffet trolley that trundled to and fro and a ticket collector struggling to get past the trolley.

:laugh3:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Vonzack

I would hope we'll see lighting in the Mk2 DBSOs, the pre-order prices weren't cheap to start off with and they as near as dammit just doubled.

njee20

Yes, definitely head/tail lights in the DBSOs, they're no different to a DVT in that respect. Was thinking more about the intermediate coaches with lighting provision.

The OO gauge ones look great - video
here showing the effects. Won't post it inline as it's OO! The tail lamp looks great, be good to get that in N, Revolution are proving it can be done after all!

woodbury22uk

Quote from: njee20 on January 12, 2018, 12:25:09 PM
Yes, definitely head/tail lights in the DBSOs, they're no different to a DVT in that respect. Was thinking more about the intermediate coaches with lighting provision.

The OO gauge ones look great - video
here showing the effects. Won't post it inline as it's OO! The tail lamp looks great, be good to get that in N, Revolution are proving it can be done after all!

I am a sucker for push-pull trains so will need to have a DBSO. Some basic lighting functions would suffice, but with the new higher price would be happy with whatever they can squeeze on top of that.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

njee20

I have to say I'm not a fan of Dapol's lighting bars, the white is too cold, the yellow is too yellow, and they're both far too bright. They need to do a warm white that's half the brightness, more like those Bachmann ones.

Still, we've no reason to think there's going to be fitted lighting to the mk2s, provision would make sense, but we've not seen it in their Mk1s or any other coach or MU yet, so I'm doubtful, even if it would go some way to justifying the price rise.

JonHarbour

Quite a lot to like in there for me.

The green 31 with Next 18 and speaker fitted - easy sound install. Even if the particular loco D5616 was assigned to the ER not WR...
Three car 108 with DCC sound fitted - yes please!
The maroon Hawksworths - will definitely be interested in those, but would like some additional blood & custard ones to complete a full rake. Four isn't enough...
The chocolate & cream mark ones - can never have too many of those!
A few of the usual wagon suspects....
Can't quite get myself across the line with the ex Midland Blue Pullman in grey / blue...tempting though...
The green class 47 - tempting... haven't got any of those. Yet....

Could be an expensive year....
Still planning a layout...

davidinyork

Quote from: geoffc on January 08, 2018, 09:59:33 AM
Nothing for me I'm afraid, no FGW/GWR 158 or Mk3 sleepers. For some reason they are producing a Class 57 GWR which is a waste of time with no coaches to go with it. They did the same when they produced the FGW version, the only good side to that was they did not sell very well and I got one brand new from a box shifter for £55. If the same thing happens again I will buy one, if not my money is going on the Dapol DRS 68 and GWR HST.

Fair point. I actually think they'd have been better to do 57604 in the GWR lined livery - that would have had a longer time-frame (it's had that livery through both the FGW blue and current GW green livery phases, and has recently been repainted retaining the same livery), plus it would have been of interest to some (me included) as it's a nice livery. As for the standard, GW green, don't think I'll bother.

They do have all the artwork for 57604 as it's been done in OO gauge.

longbow

September's RM reviews the latest Farish releases - Class 66 Evening Star, Class 37/0 Railfreight, Network Rail Mk2 BSO and the Hawksworth coaches in Maroon (at last).

Bob Tidbury

£42.95 for a coach !!!!!! That's way above my spend on my railway that will feed us three for a week ,I did sell some things and managed to buy two Farish Auto coaches at a bargain price , but that price is now the end of new products for me ,and I should imagine will stop lots of people starting up in the hobby.
Bob Tidbury

Karhedron

Yes £42.95 is steep but remember, that is for the DBSO which is a special case. You only got 1 per train meaning most modellers will only buy 1 or 2. This makes it harder to spread the cost of the tooling across a large number of coaches sold.

If you look at the Hawksworths, they are coming for a slightly less eye-watering price of £37 which will come down £31 once the usual 15% retailer discount is applied.

Pricey, I agree but with Sterling continuing to drift downwards, I don't see prices going anywhere but up for the next few years.
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations