British Model Railway Awards 2017 - Vote for us!

Started by guest2, January 06, 2018, 10:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonHarbour

Having seen Andy Y's explanation, I can now understand why neither Dapol nor RevolutioN made the N Gauge section. No doubt next year RevolutioN / Rapido will have a much stronger showing (Pendolino, Type B tankers).
Still planning a layout...

RailGooner

Quote from: Andy Y on January 09, 2018, 10:09:41 AM
Quote from: RailGooner on January 07, 2018, 12:46:28 PM
I know that the purpose of this poll is to be a marketing vehicle for BRM - and that's why BRM readers get to shortlist some categories -  but I wonder by what rationale was any shortlisting applied to this category? :thumbsdown:

It's nothing of the sort. I helped Model Rail take their 'Model of the Year' poll online supported by MREmag many years ago. Three years ago they decided they didn't wish to hold the poll in conjunction with 'competition' so I continued to produce the poll independently. It's naturally very much an RMweb vehicle (that's my job!) and the results are published in BRM. Voters do not have to give any personal details in voting and it is not used for any marketing to voters. Most of the manufacturers are keen to know the outcomes and enjoy the recognition given by the wider hobby and it is recognised as the most representative survey and many of the winners proudly display their certificates at shows or in their offices.

Happy to stand corrected Andy. :beers: And glad of the opportunity to thank you for organizing the poll. :beers:

scruff

Hailstone

David Asquith

NGF voted for.  Didn't have enough knowledge to vote for many categories though.

Dave

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations