Farish 2018 announcement

Started by scruff, January 05, 2018, 10:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scruff

Bachmann/ Graham Farish are announcing their 2018 range this sunday..

Any guesses as to what they might try and tempt us with?

cheers
Mark

RailGooner

Coming to a store near you in 2028! :D

gc4946

Here's my speculation:

New tooling:

Class 25/3
Crab or LMS Compound 4-4-0
Thumper (class 205) 2-car unit
Cut-away cab 47s (RES, Freightliner, 47/8)

Reliveries:

Initial refurbished white/rail blue striped livery 101 or 108
Strathclyde PTE orange/black 101
Silverlink 150/1
Northern pre-2016 livery on 150/2
Maroon Hawksworth carriages

Scenecraft:

March station buildings and signal box
Prefab 1960s/70s station
Yellow container crane

NB - I don't think a retooled 158 will be done soon, neither VEA van

"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

Roy L S

Quite honestly I don't have any feel at all what will be announced. I don't expect very much new tool stuff, and would be happy just to see some progress with the Thompsons the J72 and especially the 8F with sound.

What I would really like to see is a larger LNER tank loco as it is the only company amongst the "Big 4" where not a single tank loco is produced by anyone, nor has there been anything since the Farish "Holden Tank" (now there's a thought!).

Any more GWR stuff would be of absolutely no interest although I think a 94xx a might be reasonable guess given commonalities (I understand) with the 64xx chassis.

Diesels - it would be going some to better the 40 which is currently in a league of it's own in British N in my opinion diesel wise. I can't see any of the quirky modernisation plan ones featuring but just maybe we will see the 44/45/46 given the 40 treatment (we can hope).

Final thought, seeing the 00 breakdown crane, wouldn't one of those be nice, even if simplified for N. I still have a Knightwing kit to build but I doubt it would come close to an RTR model from Bachmann even with my best efforts.

Roy

Bob G

I would like to see the LMS Twins and a MN rebuild which would sell better than the streamlined (air smoothed) version IMHO.
Also J72, N2...Lord Nelson, S-15...there are lots of gaps in all of the Big 4 companies compared to OO where things are getting very bitty and duplication of minority interest prototypes is now happening.

But i don't think we will see anything jaw droppingly spectacular. Would be good to get some earlier promises delivered on.

Bob

PS it's Hornby's big announcement weekend too. And did someone mention Dapol? That's soon too.

gc4946

Regarding train packs and sets:

Add-on pack of Mk2 coach and class 101 DTS (observation car) in special Highlander green/cream for 370-048 class 37 Highlander train set
http://www.bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/370-048.jpg&cat_no=370-048&width=800&height=564

70th anniversary of British Railways in 1948 and the locomotive trials train pack (or set):

WD 2-8-0 77000 with wagons
46162 Queens Westminster Rifleman with Hawksworth carriages (trialled on Western Region)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Locomotive_Exchange_Trials
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

CaleyDave

I second gc4946 suggestion regarding the extra coaches for the highlander. Some regional scotrail MK2 and 37 to keep it company would be good as well!

Would like to see the shrinking of the OTA wagons and class 90 as well as more mk2F liveries but that request may be a bit premature.

scottishlocos

Quote from: gc4946 on January 05, 2018, 11:42:53 PM
Regarding train packs and sets:

Add-on pack of Mk2 coach and class 101 DTS (observation car) in special Highlander green/cream for 370-048 class 37 Highlander train set
http://www.bachmann.co.uk/image_box.php?image=images1/farish/370-048.jpg&cat_no=370-048&width=800&height=564

70th anniversary of British Railways in 1948 and the locomotive trials train pack (or set):

WD 2-8-0 77000 with wagons
46162 Queens Westminster Rifleman with Hawksworth carriages (trialled on Western Region)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Locomotive_Exchange_Trials

The add on pack would be handy also a Wick/Thurso trainshed in Scenecraft range

Think we will see one of 25/3 158 or 117

OTA timber wagon

37/4 and 47 in EWS i am also hoping for a Motherwell metals pool 37

Dave

njee20

Didn't they do those 37s last year? I definitely remember another NR 97.

martyn

I'm not second guessing anything, but scaled down from 4mm, a Derby lightweight, Cravens 105 and a K3 could find a home with me.......as would a new version of the Holden tank!

Martyn

emjaybee

Quote from: RailGooner on January 05, 2018, 11:07:34 PM
Coming to a store near you in 2028! :D

That's what I like about you, you're always optimistic.

:laugh:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Shropshire Lad

Given the success of the class 40 with sound maybe one of the newer locos could gain sound with just a new circuit board.

railsquid

bridgiesimon

Personally I do not really mind what they announce, the way prices are I for one cannot afford new locomotives any more!

Best wishes
Simon

RailGooner

Recent years have seen those of us with an addiction for yellow things increasingly catered for. I predict a Network Rail Mk2 DBSO. :idea:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations