!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Introducing the Long Valley Industrial Railroad  (Read 1194 times)

Offline texhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Re: Introducing the Long Valley Industrial Railroad
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2018, 09:48:43 am »
Great photos there Rich! 

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
A Surprise Visit
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 02:49:49 pm »
For Immediate Press Release: Date April 1987, With great pleasure the Altoona Railroaders Museum in conjunction with Conrail has awarded the Long Valley Industrial Railroad with the honor of testing newly restored PRR K4 1361 on a month long shake down run. Along with Pennsylvania Railroad K4 1361, the museum also restored PRR N5c Caboose 477983. Conrail caboose 21155 has been fitted with test and monitoring equipment to keep track of the Pacific during its shakedown run on the Long Valley Industrial Railroad.

Signed The management of the Long Valley Industrial Railroad.

Here we see PRR K4 1361 being delivered to the Midland Interchange yard by Conrail GP38-2 8113.

After a job briefing between the K4 advisory team and the Long Valley Industrial Railroad crew, the PRR cabin car is placed on the end of the train, the K4 runs around the train and pushes the train out to Long Valley Junction, for the short run to Long Valley.

Here we see the K4 arriving tender first at the Long Valley Interlocking tower. The crew must stop at this tower to notify the Long Valley Industrial Railroad dispatcher located at the Midland Yard office building, that they have arrived at Long Valley. The crew will also call the dispatcher from the tower before leaving Long Valley.

Here we see the crew working the local industries in Long Valley. So far the locomotive is working flawlessly.

Once the local industries were all switched, the train was reassembled, the dispatcher was notified and the train heads back to Midland Interchange Yard.

After the cars were spotted on the interchange track and the locomotive was tied down, the crews met once again for another Job Briefing to discuss any issues they had during the day. Everyone concluded the first day was a success.

Thank you for joining in on the first run of the newly restored Pennsylvania Railroad K4 Pacific 1361.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 03:00:30 pm by Rich_S, Reason: Pressed Wrong Button, before I was finished Duh! »
Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 03:54:41 pm »
Thank you, Rich, for inviting me to join you at this fabulous event.  It was difficult to find the time as I am getting married next month, but I managed to escape for the day.  And what a day: the 1361 certainly is a magnificent locomotive.

Thank you for the excellent photographs.

With best wishes.

John
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline dats475

• YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 05:46:58 pm »
Woooooo, nice locomotive!!
How are you doing, Rich.
You must be busy with the special guest!
Now we know that the Long Valley trackages and the crews can handle a steam locomotive, do they have any plans to host excursion trains in the future?
If they do, I'd like to ride one
Railfan must be very happy with a variety of engine running on the line!
:camera:Thank you for sharing, Rich!

John, congratulations!!
:beers: Do you have a chance to ride some trains on the honeymoon trip?

Data
P.S. I just wondering, why steam locomotive's cab Windows are often painted in red?  :hmmm:
Best regards with my annoying moving signature.
  :drool: Dats  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxMwG2GNX3Va9AFLRaNH5xw

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
A Wedding Wish to John.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 08:13:09 pm »
Thank you, Rich, for inviting me to join you at this fabulous event.  It was difficult to find the time as I am getting married next month, but I managed to escape for the day.  And what a day: the 1361 certainly is a magnificent locomotive.

With best wishes.

John
Hi John, We were glad to have you aboard. Also best wishes to you and your bride to be, as you build your new lives together. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2018, 08:21:43 pm »
Woooooo, nice locomotive!!
How are you doing, Rich.
You must be busy with the special guest!
Now we know that the Long Valley trackages and the crews can handle a steam locomotive, do they have any plans to host excursion trains in the future?
If they do, I'd like to ride one
Railfan must be very happy with a variety of engine running on the line!
:camera:Thank you for sharing, Rich!

John, congratulations!!
:beers: Do you have a chance to ride some trains on the honeymoon trip?

Data
P.S. I just wondering, why steam locomotive's cab Windows are often painted in red?  :hmmm:

Hi Dats, I do not know why they painted the cab windows on steam locomotives red? Some were wood, wonder if it was something to protect the wood?
As for fan trips, we'll have to see if the Long Valley Industrial Railroad can afford to purchase the passenger equipment.
That purchase would have to be approved by my purchasing agent, aka my wife and right now she's telling me the railroad is operating in the RED, so it might be awhile  :smiley-laughing:

Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2018, 08:40:16 pm »
What lovely pictures of a great layout.
No 1361 is indeed an impressive machine.
Iíve somehow missed this thread but will keep an eye on  it from now on.
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline Train Waiting

• The Table-Top Railway.
    • Awards
Re: A Wedding Wish to John.
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 09:26:21 pm »

With best wishes.

John
Hi John, We were glad to have you aboard. Also best wishes to you and your bride to be, as you build your new lives together. Wishing you both a lifetime of love and happiness.

Thank you very much Rich.

Yes it has been, thank you.

Love, happiness, model railways (and some full-size railways!) for the past 30 and a bit years.  Here's to the next 30!

Thanks again and all best wishes.

John

PS The 'Wedding kilt' still fits and is worn from time to time!  My late father-in-law insisted that my kilt was the same tartan as his.
'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is a train set trying and failing to be a model railway.

I believe that train sets and model railways are fun.

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
Re: A Wedding Wish to John.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 12:48:25 am »

PS The 'Wedding kilt' still fits and is worn from time to time!  My late father-in-law insisted that my kilt was the same tartan as his.

John, You've done better than I, my Wedding Tuxedo no longer fits. I've put on 50 lbs. in the last 30 years. The wife is a very good cook   :claphappy:
Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline Rich_S

• Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 12:59:24 am »
What lovely pictures of a great layout.
No 1361 is indeed an impressive machine.
Iíve somehow missed this thread but will keep an eye on  it from now on.

Hi Port Perran, Thank you for the compliments and thank you for including the photos of your layout, nicely done.
I've often thought of modeling a port scene like in your Trepol Bay photo, but more along the lines of Thatcher's Inlet.

http://www.hon30.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/thatchers.pdf

Who knows, maybe my next layout?

Cheers,
Rich S.

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2018, 02:43:35 am »
Great photos Rich

I've always thought that the K4 is a very nicely proportioned steam locomotive. I'm envious. Buying one of these would be stretching Rule 1 quite a ways for me, but I have been known to break down.

As far as your wife's cooking goes, remember the perfect shape is a sphere (at least I'm working on that assumption as are many of us).

Webbo

Offline texhorse

• N Gauge Society Number: 3953
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 09:10:50 am »
 :laughabovepost:

Spheroid in stature?  I think there's a few of us in that boat, Webbo.

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here