Ok, now I'm ready for my NGS shunters!

Started by emjaybee, December 02, 2017, 07:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Just got my three nameplates for my NGS shunters (when we get them). Ordered them from Narrow Planet about three months ago (they can have a long delivery time as they have to get enough orders to fill an A3 sheet before production).

For background info. they're the name of our three cats (Mayhem is deceased). Gone for 1mm bigger than scale for visibility. Not bad for £5 each.

Come on with the shunters.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

austinbob

Quote from: emjaybee on December 02, 2017, 07:49:53 PM
Just got my three nameplates for my NGS shunters (when we get them). Ordered them from Narrow Planet about three months ago (they can have a long delivery time as they have to get enough orders to fill an A3 sheet before production).

For background info. they're the name of our three cats (Mayhem is deceased). Gone for 1mm bigger than scale for visibility. Not bad for £5 each.

Come on with the shunters.
Narrow Planet are great for nameplates. Shame your 'Penfold' isn't something different to give more of a set. Like 'Turmoil' for instance.   :)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

emjaybee

There's a tale there ('scuse the pun).

Mayhem and Chaos were sisters that I named as kittens (it's a referrence from one of the Lethal Weapon films "No, he's Mayhem, I'm Chaos"), Penfold we got as a rescue kitten from the Blue Cross at Burford.

The odd thing is, the two girls never caused us any problems, whereas as Penfold has pulled plaster off the ceiling, torn the voile blind in the lounge, chewed the corner off a bookcase and our wedding photo frame, wrecked a £200 speaker, got in the fireplace ash and spread it over a cream tablecloth (somehow that was my fault(?)) and been to the vets for eating flowers and thieving a lamb bone and swallowing it whole and he's only four.

So, just goes to show you can't judge by a name!

I'm planning to use Mayhem and Chaos for two MOD shunters (re-numbered/lettered olive green) and Penfold for the "Big John" Blue unless the liveries get dropped in which case I'll have a re-think.

Brookline build thread:

dannyboy

Another  :thumbsup: for Narrow Planet from me. I ordered 3 sets, 2 in memory of my late Father and Sister and one with my Wife's name.  My Father's nameplate will be for renaming a red Class 47 'RES' engine I have, as he worked for Royal Mail for most of his life. Good quality and mine took about 6 weeks if I remember correctly.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

I've purchased 6 different sets of nameplates from Narrow Planet for some of my 16mm/G scale locos and have found them to be very good.
Don't forget that they are still doing 25% off the normal price of plates at the moment - the details are on the "how to order" section of their website!

Skyline2uk

Quote from: emjaybee on December 02, 2017, 09:07:39 PM

Mayhem and Chaos were sisters that I named as kittens (it's a referrence from one of the Lethal Weapon films "No, he's Mayhem, I'm Chaos"), Penfold we got as a rescue kitten from the Blue Cross at Burford.

The odd thing is, the two girls never caused us any problems, whereas as Penfold has pulled plaster off the ceiling, torn the voile blind in the lounge, chewed the corner off a bookcase and our wedding photo frame, wrecked a £200 speaker, got in the fireplace ash and spread it over a cream tablecloth (somehow that was my fault(?)) and been to the vets for eating flowers and thieving a lamb bone and swallowing it whole and he's only four.

I'm planning to use Mayhem and Chaos for two MOD shunters (re-numbered/lettered olive green) and Penfold for the "Big John" Blue unless the liveries get dropped in which case I'll have a re-think.

It would seem we have at last found in Penfold a kindred spirit for our Crumble. Crumble (who thankfully is smaller than her brother Nimitz) has once again this morning decided our window decorations are a tasty treat.

Her highlights to date are:

Bringing home somebody's buttered toast.
De-constructing many birds in our kitchen.
Climbing the ladder to our loft (gave me the fright of my life).
Populating our kitchen with frogs (alive and not so).
Looking me in the eye whilst holding a live mouse under water in her water bowl with her paw.

She is frighteningly intelligent, but small. As said before I am grateful she isn't the beast of a size that is Nimitz. He can reach the kitchen door handle easily, she is clever enough to open it.

Skyline2uk

emjaybee

Quote from: Skyline2uk on December 03, 2017, 09:25:02 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on December 02, 2017, 09:07:39 PM

It would seem we have at last found in Penfold a kindred spirit for our Crumble. Crumble (who thankfully is smaller than her brother Nimitz) has once again this morning decided our window decorations are a tasty treat.

Her highlights to date are:

Bringing home somebody's buttered toast.
De-constructing many birds in our kitchen.
Climbing the ladder to our loft (gave me the fright of my life).
Populating our kitchen with frogs (alive and not so).
Looking me in the eye whilst holding a live mouse under water in her water bowl with her paw.

She is frighteningly intelligent, but small. As said before I am grateful she isn't the beast of a size that is Nimitz. He can reach the kitchen door handle easily, she is clever enough to open it.

Skyline2uk

Both our cats are indoors cats these days. Chaos retired from external pest control duties in April after being diagnosed with irritable bowel disease as we have to control her diet. Penfold we tried to introduce to the outside as a youngster but he continually tried to head for the busy road outside the house rather than the stables, copse and three acres at the back, so he was confined to barracks for his own safety. He was the runt of the litter and will happily steal food off your plate if you let your attention wander wbilst eating.

Crumble sounds like his female doppelganger.
Brookline build thread:

Skyline2uk

Cats: Love to be their pet!

Sounds like Penfold is lucky to have found you  :thumbsup:

Skyline2uk

Zogbert Splod

"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

emjaybee

Brookline build thread:

dannyboy

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on December 04, 2017, 12:48:09 PM
Dogs have owners, cats have staff.....

So true - our six cats have two staff to cater for them.  :hmmm:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Zogbert Splod

"When in trouble, when in doubt, run (trains) in circles..." etc.
There, doesn't that feel better? 
Lovely!

Planning thread:
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=25873.0

My website: Zog Trains

Run what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law
I may appear to be listening to you, but inside my head, I'm playing with my trains.

The current annoying creature, plus the two previous (somewhat less annoying) ones totally ignore the G scale trains running in the garden, but the N gauge ones seem to generate considerable interest - presumably as they are more "mouse" sized - and they have occasionaly warranted a sideswipe from a paw - though now the layout is about 2'6" above the foor, that is somewhat diminished.
One of mine, in the days of full overhead wires & masts, did manage to bring down the lot in the station area with one pawswipe though!! :censored:

emjaybee

Quote from: 70000 on December 04, 2017, 03:23:06 PM
The current annoying creature, plus the two previous (somewhat less annoying) ones totally ignore the G scale trains running in the garden, but the N gauge ones seem to generate considerable interest - presumably as they are more "mouse" sized - and they have occasionaly warranted a sideswipe from a paw - though now the layout is about 2'6" above the foor, that is somewhat diminished.
One of mine, in the days of full overhead wires & masts, did manage to bring down the lot in the station area with one pawswipe though!! :censored:

They do like their "Godzilla" moments. Penfold leaves well alone when stock is running although he does watch intently. The danger comes when it stops, that's when it usually gets a prod.

:doh:
Brookline build thread:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: emjaybee on December 04, 2017, 03:32:01 PM
Quote from: 70000 on December 04, 2017, 03:23:06 PM

They do like their "Godzilla" moments. Penfold leaves well alone when stock is running although he does watch intently. The danger comes when it stops, that's when it usually gets a prod.

:doh:

"This one has stopped moving human, I shall persuade it for you"....*Thunk*

Speaking of "mice sized", I am certain Nimitz would be able to swallow the NGS Hunslet without noticing  :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations