!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Two new books about Switzerland transport.....  (Read 248 times)

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Two new books about Switzerland transport.....
« on: November 29, 2017, 04:08:54 pm »
My copy of the Swiss Railways Society quarterly mag arrived yesterday, and my attention was drawn to details of two new SRS books, one newly published, and the other to follow in the Spring of 2018.

This latter book will be titled "SBB Electric Locomotives Past and Present", so should be of interest to the Swiss modellers here. Detail are as yet non-existent, but I anticipate it will be up to the usual high standards SRS publications achieve. Publication is intended to be before the Society's AGM in March 2018.

I for one will be after a copy for my growing library.

The other book, just released ( my copy already ordered) is not about trains, but has great interest for lovers of all Swiss transport. To quote from the SRS webpage:
"The Swiss Lakes - Their Scenery and Ships by Martin Fisher - with 140 pages in A4 format and 398 colour photos is now available, profusely illustrated it describes about 200 of the lakes in Switzerland."
Full details of this book, and others available at the SRS online shop, here:
http://www.swissrailsoc.org.uk/on_line_shop.html

I am a member of the SRS, and would encourage others to join, but post these details purely out of a desire to share my interest.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Offline daffy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: Lapsed
  • Learning everyday
    • Awards
Re: Two new books about Switzerland transport.....
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 11:07:05 am »
The book 'SBB Electric Locomotives Past and Present is now available to order from the SRS.

Their website gives this detail:

SBB Electric Locomotives – Past and Present - by Martin Fisher and Paul Russenberger - 124 pages in A4 format. This book  describes the evolution of Swiss electric locomotive design through some 50 types of locomotive (excluding shunters but including those railcars which saw use in the traditional manner) from the very earliest experimental schemes in the Edwardian era through to the “Vectrons”. Photographs are in colour wherever possible but old archive photos (mostly very rare) are in black-and-white. There is not an “ABC-style” list of individual fleet numbers.  The price is £16.00 and it is available from our on-line shop.

Price includes delivery.

Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
July Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
July Donations

Advertise Here