A Cornish Christmas Mystery

Started by port perran, November 21, 2017, 08:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MalcolmInN

Quote from: Train Waiting on January 14, 2018, 08:53:41 AM
to make them last...
I would advise (!ahem) buy them all as soon as your piggy bank allows and get them read, enjoy,  put into your library, re-read from decade to decade because,
who knows , , ,
slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
:worried:
Quote from: port perran on January 14, 2018, 11:48:36 AM
I'm just about to finish the latest one entitled A Christmas Railway Mystery
two down so far for me
Does poor ol' Lemming get beat up in every one ! ?  if so he must be in a bit of a state by Christmas  :'(

two more on order :)

Train Waiting

Quote from: MalcolmAL on January 16, 2018, 01:05:16 AM
to make them last...
I would advise (!ahem) buy them all as soon as your piggy bank allows and get them read, enjoy,  put into your library, re-read from decade to decade because,
who knows , , ,

Thank you Malcolm; I take your point.

Prematurely joining Rosencrantz and Guildenstern without having the pleasure of reading them all.

Will rethink my plan.

All the very best.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

port perran

Quote from: MalcolmAL on January 16, 2018, 01:05:16 AM
to make them last...
who knows , , ,
Quote from: port perran on January 14, 2018, 11:48:36 AM
I'm just about to finish the latest one entitled A Christmas Railway Mystery
two down so far for me
Does poor ol' Lemming get beat up in every one ! ?  if so he must be in a bit of a state by Christmas  :'(

two more on order :)
No, he doesn't always get beaten up. You don't have to read the books in order, they do I tnink stand alone ok. Well worth reading.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

Quote from: port perran on January 16, 2018, 09:17:18 AM

You don't have to read the books in order, they do I tnink stand alone ok. Well worth reading.

I agree that each book is a good read in its own right, but who wants to read about Colbeck and Madeline in books 8 or 9 without discovering how they first met and ........... (I won't spoil things  :no:). Same with the 'Home Front Detective' series, much better I think to follow the characters through life and see how their relationships develop, (but that is another topic!).  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations