DJM announces HUO Hopper for N

Started by longbow, November 01, 2017, 09:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbow

Nice wagon and certainly a welcome addition in 2mm, but personally I would like to see the Mermaids released in Dutch first also what is happening with the Turbot? Not overly fussed about the shark, as I have 2 NGS models.

Cheers
Anthony

Sutton St Annes - Provincial north-west Lancs - 1990-1995 http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39173.0

West Coast Models - www.westcoastmodels.co.uk

tutenkhamunsleeping

25258 at Walsall by Steve Jones, on Flickr

Oooooh!  I've not been this excited since Farish released the 16t steel mineral :drool:

Essential bread and butter wagon for much of my yoof, as seen mixed in with the lower HTVs, etc, in the above 1978 mixed freight 8)

Dr Al

All very nice, but such is the backlog of DJM promises that I'd prefer they started delivering on all the outstanding items first.

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

emjaybee

Quote from: Dr Al on November 01, 2017, 10:53:33 AM
All very nice, but such is the backlog of DJM promises that I'd prefer they started delivering on all the outstanding items first.

Cheers,
Alan

Amen to that!

:(
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

longbow

I think it's fairer to view DJM's project list not as promises but as proposals to be actioned as and when finance, opportunity and customer interest permit

njee20

Regardless why keep adding to the bottom of the list when nothing's coming off the top!

woodbury22uk

I admit to being responsible, against my own judgement, for replacing one of the last HUO workings in the Midlands with MGR HAA wagons. The coal flow to the one-time British Celanese plant at Spondon was the last regular trainload HUO working in the Nottingham Division in about 1980. Sad to see this impressive unfitted working bite the dust.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Carmont

What was the geographical reach of these wagons?

woodbury22uk

Quote from: Carmont on November 01, 2017, 01:24:40 PM

They went everywhere. Kent coalfield in the South East. The whole of South Wales. Midlands. North East. North West. Scotland. Harder to find somewhere they never appeared.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Carmont

Quote from: woodbury22uk on November 01, 2017, 01:37:27 PM
Quote from: Carmont on November 01, 2017, 01:24:40 PM

They went everywhere. Kent coalfield in the South East. The whole of South Wales. Midlands. North East. North West. Scotland. Harder to find somewhere they never appeared.

Much obliged, Mike.

So Central Scotland - Ayrshire - WCML all fair game?

RailGooner

IMHO any announcement of new items is good news - especially when it comes from outside the top 2, then it's GREAT news. It means the hobby is alive and thriving. So I'm happy to wish this latest crowdfunding project every success. :thumbsup:

martyn

Harder to find somewhere they never appeared.
[/quote]

East Anglia?

If they did appear here, I might be in.

Martyn

Bob G

So not west of Brighton and south of Bristol then?
I have to say I've never seen any - but I never went looking for them either.

My aggregate wagon of choice would be a "proper" PGA hopper.

Bob

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations