!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Urgent survey on TGVs - closes Monday 9 October at 08.00  (Read 487 times)

Offline woodbury22uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23382
    • Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
Urgent survey on TGVs - closes Monday 9 October at 08.00
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:36:21 am »
With the arrival of the TGV Réseau in the Kato/Lemke range a meeting takes place on Tuesday concerning how to combine the new power cars with the existing trailers. A list of 8 versions has been drawn up and you have less than 24 hours to register your choices:-

http://le-forum-du-n.forumotions.net/t28402-sondage-urgent-productions-tgv-pour-lemke-kato

Not sure if you need to be a member to vote.

The meeting is between the manufacturers/importers and their trusted N scale TGV adviser in France. If you have an interest in TGVs now is your chance to have some influence.
Mike

Over-user of brackets and quotation marks

Membre 0196. Association Française des Amis du N (AFAN)

Offline nobby

• N Gauge Society Number: 21612
    • Awards
Re: Urgent survey on TGVs - closes Monday 9 October at 08.00
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:17:56 pm »
hi woodbury22uk
(pls read tongue in cheek)
does this really need a meeting between manufacturers/importers and their trusted n scale tgv adviser HONESTLY he has proberly been telling them for years

love to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting

M   now 20 years after we should have brought out the second gen power car what should we make
A   Well the tgv atlantique type has the most votes , followed by x y z
M   Umm which the least popular
A   err the one with xxxxx livery from XXXX year
M  Thats great we will do that one
A  HEAD IN HANDS
YOU , ME , AND JUST ABOUT ANYONE ELSE THAT WANTS A TGV COULD TELL THEM OVER THAT TEA AND BISCUITS.

Offline woodbury22uk

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:09:40 am »
Kato/Lemke have just posted some photos of the TGV Réseau power cars.

@nobby The mental challenge for Kato/Lemke in making a TGV Atlantique set is that it does not run in international traffic so possibly limiting its appeal to the French market rather than the bigger market for the versions which run to Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Italy. Needs different trailers in the centre of the set too. Doesn't really explain the Spanish versions though.
Mike

Offline nobby

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 09:50:36 am »
Hi woodbury22

Once they had the trailers for the tgv thalys set with the third gen power cars in 2005 all they needed to do was produce the second gen power cars and they would have been off and running with the tgv r. Yet they did tgv pos then the spanish and so on  , and yes your right i dont understand the spanish sets unless it was a semi commission mind you i still got the ave  , i mean they had the trailers and a chassis i am suprised the french modellers havent complaned more.  The tgv versions should be a bread and butter model, which you could milk with countless liveries and specials

Nobby

Offline nobby

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 03:27:42 pm »
hi woodbury22

i also see listed the ICE 4 from kato lemke   tempted as i had the ICE 3 from hornby arnold which was a disappointment for the money. I wonder how much different it is as possible eurostar e320 on the cards?

nobby

Offline woodbury22uk

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 05:44:23 pm »
If there was going to be a Eurostar e320 I would prefer it to have a Kato pedigree. On the basis that it runs in France and Belgium, and will run to the Netherlands and probably Germany the e320 would have some attraction. Not studied the later ICE variants to understand how much they differ from e320. At least being built to the larger continental structure gauge for the most part there is not the size difference to contend with that was evident with the Kato TGV Sud Est to Eurostar transition.
Mike

Offline woodbury22uk

• Ebay
    • Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 06:34:35 pm »
Quite a lot of photos of the new Kato TGV Réseau power car have surfaced on some high-rise bi-bloc track!

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipPiZXbGnUDMPJIGGoQaUB--8Zu3CF3M1gX3-JcF_e_nw6MtRkS2pB0C1Iy7BQB8dA?key=RktLV3hZYnRUSnRoT1AzZ0IzTjloYTBTRDIyNm5B
Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations

Advertise Here