Rolling Stock

Started by rg1, December 21, 2011, 12:23:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rg1

I will be building a new layout in the New Year based around the 8/9 era. My problem is finding rolling stock (goods) to match as I'm not that clued up on it.

I have found a selection of locos to use as these have the era incorporated into the description and have also used the Bachman website which also states the era for locos. But, I dont seem to be able to find any info related to goods wagons.

Your help would be much appreciated.
Rob
The pen is mightier than the sword (and easier to write with!)

edwin_m

The wagons page of the Bachmann website also has era codes on it. 

If in the post-privatisation era you also need to think about operating company.  Generally wagons run by EWS (who have become DBS), Freightliner, GBRf etc will only be hauled by locos of the same company, but wagons from general companies or those with no branding can be hauled by a range of different locos. 

It would also be a good idea to think about what part of the country your layout represents, as different types of freight run in different areas. 

rg1

Ok, some very useful info that I had not thought about. Thanks!

Dock Shunter

If you go to Hattons website everything has an era attatched in the description.
You can even filter so you just see the era you are interested in....
Here's an example....http://www.ehattons.com/32955/Graham_Farish_373_007B_Bulk_Powder_PCA_Wagon_Castle_Cement_Grey_Weathered_/StockDetail.aspx

rg1

You're right! guess I should have gone to Specsavers :-[

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations