Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papyrus

I'm in a spot of bother, chaps (and chapesses). My best beloved cracked the edge of the screen on her smartphone (Samsung S8, which appear to have a reputation for fragile screens so be warned!). I offered to put a dab of superglue on the crack to stop it getting any worse and smooth off the rough edge. Malheureusement, the glue ran off into the power switch which is now stuck fast.  :'( I hope my tame phone repairer can fix it tomorrow, otherwise I am looking at forking out for a new phone... Oh well.

Chris

Papyrus

Quote from: ozzie Bill. on January 25, 2018, 09:25:16 AM
Chris, that is classic and I suspect that some of the replies will belong in the happy thread! Anyway, enjoy the concert and let's hope the journey is not so bad second time around!

Temporary hijacking of the happy thread!
Well, we got the right evening at last! Great gig last night. It was the band's last night of a short UK tour before heading off to the states and they were firing on all cylinders - best we have ever seen them play. We are friends of the guitar player and the flutie knows us too, so we had long chats with them and Blanche got hugs so it all came right in the end!

Cheers,

Chris

dannyboy

I had just got out of bed, shortly after lunchtime today, (not being lazy, I was preparing myself for working tonight), when Louisa rang me. My sister had been trying to contact me to inform me that my Mum had passed away this morning. Whilst I am obviously sad and upset over this, to be honest, I think, in a guilty way, that it was for the best. Apart from being 86, Mum was suffering from some sort of Dementia which seemed to be getting worse. I think it all started when my sister passed away a couple of years ago. Mums short term memory was terrible. She was always complaining to me that my brother never rang her and, conversely, would complain to my brother that I never rang, yet we both rang 3 or 4 times a week. Still, she has now got her wish, as she always said she wanted to be with my Dad and sister.  RIP Mum.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

ozzie Bill.

Sorry to hear about your Mum, but don't feel guilty. Well done for expressing your feelings here amongst this community. Thoughts are with you and your family. Cheers, Bill.

Bealman

Condolences, mate. Several people I knew well have passed away because of dementia, and like you, I thought it for the best as their quality of life was non-existant.

Best wishes, buddy.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daveg

Sorry to read your news but I do understand what you mean about feeling sad but with some relief that what was a tough time is over.

I'm sure you and your family will have many great memories of better days.

Dave G

RailGooner

So sorry to read of your loss David. My thoughts are with you.

Bob Tidbury

Very sorry to hear of your loss ,and I fully understand what you mean about being sad but at the same time relief .
Its so sad to see someone close gradually getting worse ,My father inlaw suffers with Altziemers and Dementure  and its horrible watching someone who was so fit and clever reduced to being allmost like a baby and sometimes he doesnt even recognise my wife and her brother .
Regards and deapest sympathy
Bob Tidbury

Newportnobby

You have my deepest sympathy, David. It really is a 'rock and a hard place' to be in that situation.

Caz

It's always so sad to lose someone very close but with very little quality of life it is usually for the best, I've told my family if I ever get to the state where quality of life is nil then they have my permission to whatever is necessary.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

port perran

So sorry to hear your news.
I can only echo the thoughts of others.
It really is for the best. Remember the good times and chin up.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

NinOz

There is a rare event happening right now; a blood, blue, super moon and we have a thick unbroken cloud cover :'(
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Jerry Howlett

David, Condolences.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Delboy

Deepest sympathy David at the loss of your Mum. As previously mentioned, always remember the good times.
Dennis.
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Mito

Sad news but there will be plenty of happy memories. I too believe in quality of life not quantity.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations