!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Unhappy Thread  (Read 83889 times)

Online Bealman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
Re: Unhappy Thread
« Reply #945 on: January 27, 2018, 11:45:23 am »
Yuk!  :sick:

We have similar problem here except it's cockroaches as big as mice.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline railsquid

• N Gauge Society Number: 25547
    • My model railway website
    • Awards
« Reply #946 on: January 27, 2018, 01:08:04 pm »
Knew there was a reason Australia is so far away from everywhere else.

It does put me in mind of the time I was living in an apartment here with a Japanese-style room (tatami'n'stuff), was sleeping on the futon on the floor next to the windows, which had "shoji" (sliding doors made of a wooden lattice covered in squares of translucent paper), woke up, while still lying down opened said shoji to see what was happening in the world outside when something small and black thudded onto the pillow. Now I am not A Mr Wide Awake in The Morning kind of person but believe me it was  matter of seconds before the balcony doors were opened, the unwelcomed guest propelled onto the balcony with a flick of a pillow where it made the acquaintance of the underside of something solid which was happily close to hand.

(The pillow was later irradiated then cast into the mouth of an active volcano).
Takahachikawa - Japanese and other trains

Birmingham Knotmore Street - (ex) GWR mainline through the Midlands

Offline Geoff

• Awards
« Reply #947 on: January 27, 2018, 10:55:21 pm »
I have had the flu jab and now I have the flu, I know there are so many strains of flu but I do not want this one.

Any one else with the flu I wish you well.

Good night god bless
Geoff

Offline Jimbo

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 26734
  • 2mm Association Number: 5172
    • Awards
« Reply #948 on: January 28, 2018, 10:27:42 am »
I have had the flu jab and now I have the flu, I know there are so many strains of flu but I do not want this one.

Any one else with the flu I wish you well.

Good night god bless

I had a flu jab at work a few years ago as it was being offered for free, and guess what......got the full blown flu! Wether it was coincidence or not I don't know but I haven't had one since, I don't want to put people off it because it may well be beneficial to some but I feel for you! Hope you have a swift recovery....Having said that I haven't had the flu since!......That was a few years ago as I said sooooo, it may well have done the trick!!!  :dunce: who knows! LOL!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:31:01 am by Jimbo »
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Offline Malc

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21878
    • Awards
« Reply #949 on: January 28, 2018, 11:17:45 am »
Curiously the flu jab does not contain active flu virus, but often the body reacts to the jab with flu like symptoms. Having had flu in 1982, I couldnít move for about 4 days, ached all over and didnít eat a thing, I sympathise with anyone suffering.
I'm not sure if life is passing me by, or trying to run me over.

Offline Geoff

• Awards
« Reply #950 on: January 28, 2018, 12:20:52 pm »
Well I had the worse night ever but when the flu jab comes round later this year I will have it again, the wife has had the flu think I am 2 days behind her, my body is in so much pain, anyway going for another sleep if my body will let me.
Geoff

Offline Papyrus

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #951 on: January 28, 2018, 06:11:36 pm »
I'm in a spot of bother, chaps (and chapesses). My best beloved cracked the edge of the screen on her smartphone (Samsung S8, which appear to have a reputation for fragile screens so be warned!). I offered to put a dab of superglue on the crack to stop it getting any worse and smooth off the rough edge. Malheureusement, the glue ran off into the power switch which is now stuck fast.  :'( I hope my tame phone repairer can fix it tomorrow, otherwise I am looking at forking out for a new phone... Oh well.

Chris
"As I always say, it's a funny old world. Do you always say that? Oh good." (Jill Tweedie)

Offline Papyrus

• N Gauge Society Number: 3333
    • Awards
« Reply #952 on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:02 pm »
Chris, that is classic and I suspect that some of the replies will belong in the happy thread! Anyway, enjoy the concert and let's hope the journey is not so bad second time around!

Temporary hijacking of the happy thread!
Well, we got the right evening at last! Great gig last night. It was the band's last night of a short UK tour before heading off to the states and they were firing on all cylinders - best we have ever seen them play. We are friends of the guitar player and the flutie knows us too, so we had long chats with them and Blanche got hugs so it all came right in the end!

Cheers,

Chris
"As I always say, it's a funny old world. Do you always say that? Oh good." (Jill Tweedie)

Offline dannyboy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25492
    • Awards
« Reply #953 on: January 30, 2018, 11:42:11 pm »
I had just got out of bed, shortly after lunchtime today, (not being lazy, I was preparing myself for working tonight), when Louisa rang me. My sister had been trying to contact me to inform me that my Mum had passed away this morning. Whilst I am obviously sad and upset over this, to be honest, I think, in a guilty way, that it was for the best. Apart from being 86, Mum was suffering from some sort of Dementia which seemed to be getting worse. I think it all started when my sister passed away a couple of years ago. Mums short term memory was terrible. She was always complaining to me that my brother never rang her and, conversely, would complain to my brother that I never rang, yet we both rang 3 or 4 times a week. Still, she has now got her wish, as she always said she wanted to be with my Dad and sister.  RIP Mum.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with him.

Offline ozzie Bill.

• Awards
« Reply #954 on: January 31, 2018, 04:29:44 am »
Sorry to hear about your Mum, but don't feel guilty. Well done for expressing your feelings here amongst this community. Thoughts are with you and your family. Cheers, Bill.

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #955 on: January 31, 2018, 04:52:49 am »
Condolences, mate. Several people I knew well have passed away because of dementia, and like you, I thought it for the best as their quality of life was non-existant.

Best wishes, buddy.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Offline daveg

• N Gauge Society Number: 22509
    • Awards
« Reply #956 on: January 31, 2018, 07:25:56 am »
Sorry to read your news but I do understand what you mean about feeling sad but with some relief that what was a tough time is over.

I'm sure you and your family will have many great memories of better days.

Dave G

Offline RailGooner

• N Gauge Society Number: 17356
    • Ebay
    • Awards
« Reply #957 on: January 31, 2018, 07:35:07 am »
So sorry to read of your loss David. My thoughts are with you.
Per Ardua ad Astra | Mens Agitat Molem | Victoria Concordia Crescit

I'm supporting Project Railway Honour

Offline Bob Tidbury

• Facebook
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #958 on: January 31, 2018, 08:22:40 am »
Very sorry to hear of your loss ,and I fully understand what you mean about being sad but at the same time relief .
Its so sad to see someone close gradually getting worse ,My father inlaw suffers with Altziemers and Dementure  and its horrible watching someone who was so fit and clever reduced to being allmost like a baby and sometimes he doesnt even recognise my wife and her brother .
Regards and deapest sympathy
Bob Tidbury

Offline Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+63)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #959 on: January 31, 2018, 09:23:20 am »
You have my deepest sympathy, David. It really is a 'rock and a hard place' to be in that situation.

Please Support Us!
October Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
October Donations

Advertise Here