NGF Photographic Competition 2015

Started by Newportnobby, March 09, 2015, 10:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

The NGF is holding a photographic competition for the third time - a great chance for you to get snapping and enter. This is advance notification.
The competition will open on 1st July 2015 and will be closed off on 30th September 2015 and the boards for posting your entries will be created on/just after 1st July.
Please do not post any in the previous year boards!
The prize will be a 'virtual' prize entered against your name on the forum so it will reside with you until the next one and let the N gauge world know you are an expert with your camera. We are pleased to announce that Steve Flint, editor of Railway Modeller, will be the sole and final judge of the competition, but there are rules to be strictly observed please.

Rules

1.Photos must be railway or model railway related (there will be separate boards in the media file)
2.Photos must be your own work.
3.There is a strict limit of 2 photos per person (if more are posted the post will be deleted and you will have to resubmit)
4.Photos must not exceed 500kb.
5.A 12 word allowance is given for type of camera used, date photo taken and location
6.No comments about the photos can be accepted from other members (they will be deleted!)
7.Closing date is 30th September 2015 to allow TINGS pics to be entered.

Please remember the photo itself is being judged and not the subject.

How to enter

Ensure that your photographs are less than 500kb in size. Photographs will not load if the size is bigger

There will be two galleries - one for Model Railway photos and the other for Real Railway photos. Ensure you upload your photo to the correct gallery. Enter brief details about the camera and date and location into the description box (about 12 words or less)

If you need help with picture resizing or uploading to the gallery then consult our Help Pages

Sorry about not allowing comments but we need clear boards for Steve to be able to look at so as to make his job as easy as possible  :thankyousign:

Most of all - enjoy!
:photospleasesign: :thankyousign:

Tdm

I might have a go this year - but can you tell me how photographs are to be submitted - printed out and sent ordinary post, or by emailing a .jpg file or some other means, and if
emailing have they got to be resized to set dimensions or pixel count?.

Sorry if I am asking this too soon and the rules have not yet been set.

port perran

I've been tempted to have a go in the past so maybe this year ??????
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Sprintex

Quote from: Tdm on April 09, 2015, 07:38:27 PM
I might have a go this year - but can you tell me how photographs are to be submitted - printed out and sent ordinary post, or by emailing a .jpg file or some other means,

Quote from: newportnobby on March 09, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
How to enter

Ensure that your photographs are less than 500kb in size. Photographs will not load if the size is bigger

There will be two galleries - one for Model Railway photos and the other for Real Railway photos. Ensure you upload your photo to the correct gallery. Enter brief details about the camera and date and location into the description box (about 12 words or less)

:thumbsup:

Paul

Newportnobby

I might have a go this year - but can you tell me how photographs are to be submitted - printed out and sent ordinary post, or by emailing a .jpg file or some other means, and if

Sprintex beat me to it, but this is the important bit, Terry...................

The competition will open on 1st July 2015 and will be closed off on 30th September 2015 and the boards for posting your entries will be created on/just after 1st July.

Tank will be setting up the boards and then you just upload your pics (max of 2 in total) in the normal manner.

painbrook

May I suggest a category for the worst picture, I'm sure that the judges will know a genuinely taken bad photo.
Looking forward to competing. john.

Tdm

Quote from: newportnobby on April 09, 2015, 09:12:36 PM

Sprintex beat me to it, but this is the important bit, Terry...................

Tank will be setting up the boards and then you just upload your pics (max of 2 in total) in the normal manner.

I would like to submit a couple of photos for the competition but I am away on a  Norwegian Fjords cruise that includes a trip on the Flam railway just before July.

Any chance I could submit 2 photos just before I go? (end of this month), which could then be put into the July to September board being set up for the purpose.

Don't really want to leave it till I get back in case something happens or I forget. 

Tdm

Quote from: newportnobby on June 08, 2015, 01:36:51 PM
@Tank I'll plead with the Boss to set them up this week if possible

Thanks for that Mick - I see from the News that one of the girls badly injured at Alton Towers is from Leyland, anyone you know? You woudn't get me on any of those rides.

It was bad enough when I joined the kids on a trip to Siam Park here in Tenerife (voted best Water Theme Park in the World by the way), my daughter said my dark tan turned white when I went on one of the rides there with them.

T-TRAK_Andrew

6.No comments about the photos can be accepted from other members (they will be deleted!)

Does this mean that a NGF has its own Cyberman to kill erring Forum members?....
....Ohhh! The comments will be deleted!!!!
Andrew G.
Always learning, from both wins and losses.
My Model Railway blog: http://ttrakandrew.wordpress.com/
My FlickR Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/85896932@N07/

Tdm

When I view the 2 entries I submited yesterday, both have 2 boxes on them, one with an empty box with the word "submit" at the side of it, the other with a choice of selecting :-
"move", "approve", "delete", etc.

Do I need to tick the "submit" box and select "approve"? I thought by just uploading the photos I would be submitting them as entries in the competition?

The other photos so far submitted don't have these boxes shown, is there something more I need to do?.

Tdm

Quote from: Only Me on June 09, 2015, 11:24:53 AM
Quote from: Tdm on June 09, 2015, 10:49:07 AM
When I view the 2 entries I submited yesterday, both have 2 boxes on them, one with an empty box with the word "submit" at the side of it, the other with a choice of selecting :-
"move", "approve", "delete", etc.

Do I need to tick the "submit" box and select "approve"? I thought by just uploading the photos I would be submitting them as entries in the competition?

The other photos so far submitted don't have these boxes shown, is there something more I need to do?.

Sounds like you didn't upload them to the photo competition folder (select which folder to upload to when adding photos) otherwise they drop into the general bin or your set default album..

I used the Links Tank gave me, and checking them there are just yours and mine photos in them, so they must be in the right folders.

Newportnobby

@Tank Possibly being thick (again ::)) but is there any way for me to bookmark these 2 albums? :dunce:

Tank

Not on the forum, but could you not bookmark them on your browser?

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations