!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Any Cyclists out There?  (Read 8779 times)

Online newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Any Cyclists out There?
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2017, 08:40:19 pm »
Why has someone made you strip off and then painted you silver, and who's the other bloke? :D

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2017, 09:00:52 pm »
Sounds like a great trip. Off to the Alps in September having never done any riding in big hills. Looking forward to it.

How are you going to keep adequate tension in the OHLE with EZ-line? Strikes me as a great product, but not for keeping the pan in contact with the wire.

Online PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: July 10, 2017, 09:09:56 pm »
Sounds like a great trip. Off to the Alps in September having never done any riding in big hills. Looking forward to it.

How are you going to keep adequate tension in the OHLE with EZ-line? Strikes me as a great product, but not for keeping the pan in contact with the wire.

It was great but hard work!  Where in the Alps are you going?  In the limited time you have I suggest you work on sustaining a high work output over two hours - I worked more on stamina over 100 miles and I was a bit slow on the hills!

he EZ-line will be for the "cosmetic" catenary and aux wires - contact wire will be fishing line still.

Cheers Jon  :)

Cheers  Jon  :) 
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Offline njee20

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 22598
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: July 10, 2017, 09:18:05 pm »
Staying in Bourg d'Oisans, so right at the foot of Alpe d'Huez. Should be good, I keep a reasonable level of fitness most of the time, so should be fine! Definitely the slowest of the 3 of us though (up at least), which is never good!

Think we'll be doing more 40-60 mile days, get bored after that :)

Online The Q

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: July 11, 2017, 07:32:14 am »
My bike is hanging from the roof of the garage where it's likely it will stay as my knees are shot, any push on the pedals is agony.
It's now 40+ years old and used to be used a lot...

Online PostModN66

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 17980
    • YouTube
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: July 11, 2017, 08:13:29 am »
My bike is hanging from the roof of the garage where it's likely it will stay as my knees are shot, any push on the pedals is agony.
It's now 40+ years old and used to be used a lot...

Sorry about your knees - knees seem to be the first thing to go for many.  :worried:

There's quite a market for vintage bikes (pre 1987) for L'Eroica and similar events - you could probably sell it if you wanted to clear the space.

Cheers Jon  :)
“We must conduct research and then accept the results. If they don't stand up to experimentation, Buddha's own words must be rejected.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

My Postmodern Image Layouts

Lofthole http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14792.msg147178#msg147178

Deansmoor http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=14741.msg146381#msg146381

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here
anything