go on then, tell us, what did you buy at the n gauge show?

Started by bluedepot, September 10, 2011, 09:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

She's a beauty, Dave, but I still think you'll be in the dogbox for the rest of your days ;D

OwL

Quote from: newportnobby on September 11, 2011, 11:44:19 AM
She's a beauty, Dave, but I still think you'll be in the dogbox for the rest of your days ;D

Only if she ever finds out! When it arrives, she will assume it's just a regular diesel rrp £85 like all the other ones she has bought me in the past at christmas etc. I personally wont burst her bubble, if that's what she believes then why tell her other wise? sometimes ignorance is bliss :smiley-laughing:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Dock Shunter

Quote from: owl729 on September 11, 2011, 11:50:41 AM
Quote from: newportnobby on September 11, 2011, 11:44:19 AM

Only if she ever finds out! When it arrives, she will assume it's just a regular diesel rrp £85 like all the other ones she has bought me in the past at christmas etc. I personally wont burst her bubble, if that's what she believes then why tell her other wise? sometimes ignorance is bliss :smiley-laughing:

You like living dangerously don't you Owl.....
               Personally i wouldn't have  been able to keep it a secret from my ex missus.
              She would have Known in five minutes flat from the guilty look on my face...... :o
              Enjoy your loco when it arrives.....Hope you get to the postman before your missus does.. ;D

silly moo

Hello,

Has anyone bought a Farish Tornado? Has anyone seen one for sale? And what did they think of it?

I have one on order and am in England for two weeks from next week. I'm really hoping to get mine while I'm here otherwise it will have to be airfreighted to me to avoid having to use the dreaded South African postal system. It's all a matter of timing.

Regards,

Veronica. :A1Tornado:

bluedepot

Tank

Quote from: bluedepot on September 11, 2011, 01:46:28 PM
i'm not eating this week to save some money....

tim

:smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

I'm glad I didn't go, as I would have spent a fortune that I don't have!  Sounds like a LOT of bargains though. :'(

cookiescrumble

Quote from: Zunnan on September 10, 2011, 10:07:38 PM
Quote from: cookiescrumble on September 10, 2011, 09:51:44 PM
I got them for £40 each from the Bachmann Stand  :thumbsup:
Thats the first place I went to when I walked in! You can guess where my BR Blue pair came from... :thumbsup:

I only went over to see what all the fuss was about  :smiley-laughing:.

Lawrence

Quote from: silly moo on September 11, 2011, 01:38:37 PM
Hello,

Has anyone bought a Farish Tornado? Has anyone seen one for sale? And what did they think of it?

I have one on order and am in England for two weeks from next week. I'm really hoping to get mine while I'm here otherwise it will have to be airfreighted to me to avoid having to use the dreaded South African postal system. It's all a matter of timing.

Regards,

Veronica. :A1Tornado:

It's not looking good to be honest Veronica, it might be worth searching for model shops in the area you are visiting to see if they can order one for you, most of the online retailers are showing it as pre-order I'm afraid

Newportnobby

Here are my purchases from TINGS. I got the first 6 for £55 as I kocked him down a bit for cash. On a later wander round I found he'd got another one so I took that as well. Hope there was some left for other folks (I couldn't believe what price people were asking for MK1's and the difference between stands)

MikeDunn

Lessee ...

Let SMBO pick up a GraFar Jubilee (Rodney ?) from the scrum there (she got an extra fiver off too  :o ;D) after she considered a couple of Black 5s and another one (can't recall now), as well as 3 wagons ...  a bunch of NGS kits (I think about 10 wagons worth); the NGS Stove R (crimson & cream); and a lighting-bar kit from DCC Supplies (for a non-lit OO Hornby Pullman).

Was surprised the place was so busy !  Things were quieter around lunchtime though; managed to get to see the layouts then, as well as chat to some of the stallholders.  Dread to think how bad it must have been at opening time ... !

Had a look @ Tornado on the GraFar stand ... looks about the same as the OO release ?  Dont thing anyone had it for sale (but could be wrong; wasn't paying attention for that loco).

Mike

grumbeast

Well decided to take advice from here and go with my savings.. only managed to get 3 hours in at the show (which wasn't enough!) but so thoroughly enjoyed it.
As for purchases, I'll take photo's ina bit, but scored a bunch of European freight cars (as I don't have any yet!) including 2 four packs of minitrix side unloading hoppers :)

I spoiled myself with a Minitrix ES64 Dispolok liveried for Bosphorous Sprinter which is just beautiful

and the total steal of the show (given that I expected nothing from it) was an old Rivarossi FS e444 that not only is actually molded quite nicely, but also runs really well for
35 quid!! I'll take pics. I'm so happy with it, of course, now I have to find some FS coaches *sigh*

Graham

OwL

Im glad you made it to the show despite it being a terrible week or two for you, Carnt wait to see your euro purchases :camera:

All the best mate

Dave :thumbsup:

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

Dock Shunter

Quote from: grumbeast on September 11, 2011, 08:01:23 PM
Well decided to take advice from here and go with my savings.. only managed to get 3 hours in at the show (which wasn't enough!) but so thoroughly enjoyed it.
As for purchases, I'll take photo's ina bit, but scored a bunch of European freight cars (as I don't have any yet!) including 2 four packs of minitrix side unloading hoppers :)

I spoiled myself with a Minitrix ES64 Dispolok liveried for Bosphorous Sprinter which is just beautiful

and the total steal of the show (given that I expected nothing from it) was an old Rivarossi FS e444 that not only is actually molded quite nicely, but also runs really well for
35 quid!! I'll take pics. I'm so happy with it, of course, now I have to find some FS coaches *sigh*

Graham
Great to hear you managed to enjoy the show Graham...... :thumbsup:

Jonny

:A1Tornado:

Dad bought a Tornado from Penkeith models £122.00.

Really nice model and runs a treat to. Puts Hornbys 00 naff offerings to shame just like the BACHMANN 00 version does.

Just run her in and have now fitted the DCC chip to it.

Osborne had them for sale at £135 ish and think the signal box had them too.
Live each day as if it's your last

As one day you may be right.

Carlisle to Silloth. 1854-1964
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlisle_and_Silloth_Bay_Railway

Elvinley

I bought:

A Bachmann Spectrum articulated loco for 35 quid
A Royal Scot (Air Force) in green for £50
A Dapol Evening Star for £50 - On ebay now as they make me nervous and it derails on some points.
Some wagons for £3 and £3.50
Nspirations 5 for 2 quid
A Dapol Stove R in Pullman livery

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations