Another newbie asking advice

Started by Bealman, September 07, 2011, 09:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

I must admit That the main time I check this great forum out is on the phone after work, but can anyone show me how to put a photo from my phone onto my profile? Thanks to the replies about the Peco scissors!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Tank

No problem!  To put a picture on your profile you must either have a photo saved on your phone to upload to the forum, or a picture on photobucket (or other such site). 

Go into your profile and 'Forum Profile Information' and you should either click 'browse' to upload your picture, or you can paste the code from a 3rd party website that stores the picture in the box that says "I have my own pic:".

I hope that helps. :thumbsup:

Bealman

Thanks for that! However it does not seem to be working. Photo of layout was taken on slr, transferred to computer then to phone. I have noticed the photo takes longer to load on phone than pix taken on phone itself. I will work on it. Thanks for great site. I am originally from Durham, semi retired and dunno how you find time to do this. Well done sir!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Newportnobby

Sorry I can't help phone wise, but if you have the pics on computer I'd suggest uploading to a sharing site such as Photobucket (no charges) and then copying/pasting to your post. :camera:
Good luck!

Tank

Could you send it by email?  Send it to me at contact AT ngaugeforum.co.uk  Obviously changing the bold bit to @. :thumbsup:  I'll try and sort it you for you asap.

Mustermark

The longer upload time suggests that the SLR image is much bigger than your phone image would be. If it's for your profile photo I suggest resizing the photo to say 400 pixels or so in size and then uploading it. Good luck.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations