what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: newportnobby on July 11, 2011, 09:22:37 PM
At the moment its Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.
Vinyl rules :thumbsup: :music:

This was the 'first dance' on my wedding day.  Great song to dance to!

longbridge

Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Elvinley

Quote from: newportnobby on July 11, 2011, 09:22:37 PM
I'm with Elvinley, in as much as I listen to classical, electric folk, rock in all its forms, blues (I hate it when they refer to new music as R & B. To me its just Rubbish and Bo****ks, not Rhythm & Blues), reggae, and one of my favourite ensembles - Enigma (what would you categorize them as?)
At the end of the day it's whatever fits your mood/whatever you're doing. At the moment its Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.
Vinyl rules :thumbsup: :music:

I absolutely agree. Why is that rubbish even called R and B? Bands like The Who used to be categerised under that banner. How does it get from great music to vile music? What happened inbetween?

Another absolute favourite of mine are Dead Can Dance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbRgoLl1s6Y

Rod

I think modern references to R&B mean rhythm & bass, an entirely different type of music.

Rod

Newportnobby

Quote from: Rod on July 12, 2011, 11:48:00 AM
I think modern references to R&B mean rhythm & bass, an entirely different type of music.

Rod

Sorry but rhythm and bass to me means Bruce/Baker, Fraser/Kirke, Jones/Bonham etc (je suis une rock star and old f**t)

grumbeast

All sorts of things this morning (while writing a job application)...

a bit of T-Rex (Cosmic Dancer / Ride a white swan etc)

plus a bit of Trentemøller   

worlds apart !

Graham

Rod

Quote from: newportnobby on July 12, 2011, 03:16:33 PM
Sorry but rhythm and bass to me means Bruce/Baker, Fraser/Kirke, Jones/Bonham etc (je suis une rock star and old f**t)

Ah well, where would a rock band be without its rhythm and bass section?

I had more in mind things like "Best R&B 2010..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFkI4hQj79U

I think it's awful stuff and much prefer Led Zep.

Rod

grumbeast

Quote from: Rod on July 12, 2011, 04:18:23 PM
I had more in mind things like "Best R&B 2010..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFkI4hQj79U

I think it's awful stuff and much prefer Led Zep.

Rod

Can't agree more.. with apologies to any vegetarians, this is the musical equivalent to tofu, but at least you can make tofu taste good with enough sauce! :)

sounds like .... waaa waaa waaa girl waa waa waa boy waa waa baby waa waa girl waa waa baby waa waa

Graham

Newportnobby

Graham - when are you appearing on BGT. Craig David eat your heart out :smiley-laughing:

grumbeast

thanks Nobby!

Its my latent Clarkson gene coming into play :) :)

Graham

moogle

Quote from: barkfast on July 11, 2011, 04:45:49 AM
Seems we might have a few metällers on here. 

Yep! Its all rock n roll to me.
Thats why I listen to Motorhead cos Lemmy says 'We are Motorhead and we play rock n roll!"  :thumbsup:
I also listen to these guys:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jkREP29170

Got that record on 7" vinyl!

As for R&B, check out Robert Cray.
Real R&B, a soulful voice and boy can he play guitar!

Today though I've been playing U2's No Line On The Horizon.
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Tank

Quote from: moogle on July 13, 2011, 11:30:37 AM
Thats why I listen to Motorhead cos Lemmy says 'We are Motorhead and we play rock n roll!"  :thumbsup:

He also says "Sieg Heil" in some of the old songs..... :o  He's a very naughty boy. :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

barkfast

Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2011, 11:34:10 AM

He also says "Sieg Heil" in some of the old songs..... :o  He's a very naughty boy. :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

Did you see the documentary on Lemmy? As much as I like some of his music - he's far from an inspiration.... To be honest I couldnt watch all of it....

I'm a big fan of Bruce Dickinson - both musically and personally. I mean anyone that can: produce fantastic music, olympic level athlete, commercial pilot, author as well as being an undercover train buff is a real winner in my book.

With the exception of his music - Sting is a bit of a champ too. I've read stories that he packs a suitcase full of modelling gear so he can scratch build on tour - now *thats* devotion...

moogle

Quote from: barkfast on July 13, 2011, 12:47:25 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 13, 2011, 11:34:10 AM

Did you see the documentary on Lemmy? As much as I like some of his music - he's far from an inspiration.... To be honest I couldnt watch all of it....

I'm a big fan of Bruce Dickinson - both musically and personally. I mean anyone that can: produce fantastic music, olympic level athlete, commercial pilot, author as well as being an undercover train buff is a real winner in my book.

With the exception of his music - Sting is a bit of a champ too. I've read stories that he packs a suitcase full of modelling gear so he can scratch build on tour - now *thats* devotion...

Lemmy is a naughty boy! Well, a naughty OAP nows he's 65!  :smiley-laughing:

I'm only into his music though his autobiography was a good read. (White Line Fever)

Now Bruce is a multi-talented guy for sure. He's also been/is a DJ on the BBC radio!

Sting is not alone, Rod Stewart does the same apparently.
Beats throwing the t.v out of the hotel window!

Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations