!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Milliedale-on-Sea - a bit of history  (Read 4321 times)

Online Black Sheep

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
Re: Milliedale-on-Sea - a bit of history
« Reply #90 on: June 12, 2018, 08:51:00 am »
Yes, CD players do seem to have a limited life span. I have had a few expire and it seems that relatively cheap replacements get harder to find.

On the track - proceed with caution. Straight sections may be ok at slightly closer spacing but you may have problems with curves, sharper the curve more likely a problem. Depends on what rolling stock you will have. Longer coaches are worse and class 08 diesels are notoriously wide. Before fixing any track, test, test, test, and then test once more! Good luck and keep going.  :)

This section is the marshalling yard so only one loco will be running at once in this area, it's simply a ladder of short points (not ST-5 or 6, how dare you suggest such a thing sir!) which have given the spacing to the straight sidings, which are straight track, so worst case scenario is I can't get a bogie bolster in if I've filled the adjacent siding too full and am overhanging the point a little bit :D

Point taken about the 08, I've got one of the LMS shunters from Farish, I'd best double check spacing :D

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2018, 10:02:13 am »
As Keith says, you can get away with things with straight track you probably wouldn't with curves.
I can't see you having any issues apart from maybe not being able to get fingers between the tracks if summat derails.

Online Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2018, 10:14:15 am »
As Keith says, you can get away with things with straight track you probably wouldn't with curves.
I can't see you having any issues apart from maybe not being able to get fingers between the tracks if summat derails.

I have got fairly adapt at railing things up in awkward places, failing that I'll have to empty the siding into the goods yard / station siding and shunt it back in, not a huge issue.

Right, I'll crack on with the rest of it then!

Online Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2018, 10:47:16 pm »
No progress in the layout room, but did spend the afternoon with my dad (and mum) at the Middleton railway (Ironically in Hunslet) while my wife and daughter were at a concert with some pop stars from the 90's topping up their pension pot.

I got to drive a steam loco for 5 plus the admission cost to the model railway exhibition :D 

Also got these for 10, looks like I'll be needing clearance on the bridges under the station throat then!

Online Newportnobby

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: Yesterday at 09:15:57 am »
Tut Tut. Living where you do, I hope you'll be changing the adverts to 'Yorkshire Tea' :D

Online Black Sheep

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: Yesterday at 09:46:24 am »
Tut Tut. Living where you do, I hope you'll be changing the adverts to 'Yorkshire Tea' :D

Adverts will be changed to promote local businesses on the layout, possibly including a certain brewery, but yes, Yorkshire Tea may make an appearance.

No idea if they'll just be static or if they'll actually run. I do want to compare them with the Oxford diecast one I've got tucked away somewhere as they do feel rather large, but then again, trams are.

Please Support Us!
June Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
June Donations

Advertise Here