Fire bugs

Started by 1936ace, October 23, 2013, 10:46:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Today more fires locally again, got the text and email warnings to gt the kids from school. Luckily I was playing 5 inch gauge trains not far from there and was lucky to get through road blocks  to get there and out back home, ended up with a truck load of kids
Most likely started by kids, four now have been charged with lighting fires.
I wish I was the judge handing down the decision they would not be getting a " I'm sorry you had a poor family life so don't do it gain"
Bart

hairygit

If the judges do get tough, they could sentence them to transportation to Britain for the rest of their lives! On a serious note, your fire crews are fighting a serious battle out there, let's hope they get it under control with a minimum of injuries to themselves, brave men and women!
Male children never grow up, we just get older and our toys become more expensive!

Bealman

Thanks for that post... things have been bad here, as Bart says. Your post is extremely appreciated because these guys really put their lives on the line.

Good on ya, buddy!!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Jerry Howlett

Thoughts go out to all in Australia who are suffering from this threat. Also to Bart and his Nations co-workers (Firemen).
Here in northern Italy I have just seen the devestation caused by the incredible floods caused by Sunday nights storms.  We were indeed fortunate to escape the devestation in nearby towns and villages.
For once a serious post from me.
Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

1936ace

Thanks jerry
The girls and boys have been hard at it especially the volunteers who leave their homes family and jobs to go and save other areas. I'm enjoying my days off while I can sorry to hear about the bad weather also in your part of the world
Re the arsonists those kids have the mental health workers in their back pockets they keep telling the kids it's not fault or how would they know what they did was wrong they are only 14, tell that to the family who have just lost everything :veryangry:
Bart

EtchedPixels

I'm also a bit surprised the Australian army actually admitted to accidentally causing one of them. I can't imagine our ministry of defence doing that short of being hauled up in court for it !

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

1936ace

More :veryangry:
Police caught two 8 yr olds attempting to light a fire at east maitland late yesterday thanks to a quick thinking member of the public.
Police took them home to their parents no charges as they are too young
Bart

Newportnobby

Make the parents responsible for their kids and fine them :veryangry:

trainsdownunder

Quote from: 1936ace on October 24, 2013, 01:55:17 AM
More :veryangry:
Police caught two 8 yr olds attempting to light a fire at east maitland late yesterday thanks to a quick thinking member of the public.
Police took them home to their parents no charges as they are too young
Bart

Amazing how many of these are being started by "kids". I see the 11yr old that was caught earlier this week has been refused bail. How long before some "do-gooder" starts screaming about rights.  :veryangry:

People have no idea as to the level of stress and anxiety these fires can cause. I'm a ex fire marshal and these bush fires scare the .... out of me, so god knows what it does to some of the poor people that have lost everything - and believe me bush fires can destroy everything.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations