What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sithlord75

Quote from: Lawrence on August 13, 2011, 02:32:52 PM
I rescued a young rabbit from the jaws of our 9 month old kitten!  It is the 2nd one she has caught  ::)

Good job kitty - mind you rabbits are bounty hunted out here as they are a bloody menace.  Bit like Kangaroos.  Our pair tend to go after the mice, which is a good thing as having had the drought break we ended up with the inevitable mouse plague - fortunately the drought broke late so the plague was late and it got too cold for the next plague to turn up - that of the snakes, including the inland tiapan and mates (Just to put the willies up you all, 1 bite from a tiapan can kill 250,000 mice... or a 200lb bloke in roughly 10 minutes), or birds - got a pigeon the other night while it was asleep - turned up with the branch still in its claws.  Pigeons are stupied - they haven't had much luck chasing the gallahs around here which is a pity as they are noisy and there is about 100 in the flock.
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

upnick

On holiday this week  catching on  some projects among them  Journeys end,  if i can  get the long layout cleared run  some trains hopefully  like to try  some coaches  i  fitted lighting to  :thumbsup:

EtchedPixels

Tax return (gahhh), kitchen cleaning (joyous), packing outstanding orders, carpet measuring, fitting doorhandles/

Not all bad  I also finished the Thompson six wheeler instructions and put it up on the web site, and did the test assembly of my baseboards so they can now be glued as units ready for final assembly in situ. Also gave the folks at Swansea Timber & Plywood the cutting list for the strips to go underneath to stop it being tempted to bow and for the next baseboard bits.

Need to have a nice chat with the chippie when he's doing the toilet woodwork and get him to stick some round holes in a few bits of board (one turntable and some for the spiral)

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations