Meet up

Started by Steamie+, January 28, 2017, 05:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Had a great 1st meet with Mick (NPN) today, had a chance to meet a real person rather then just posting thank you's and hello's in the forum, not that it is a bad thing, indeed a lot of friends are made on sites and they never meet. But Mick and i had a good chat even if i rambled on a bit, this hobby is such a brilliant thing to be involved in. Hope in the future i can meet more members and i promise not to ramble on too much...lol.    :laugh:

Newportnobby

Good to meet up with you, Rod. I was surprised how much we had in common considering I'm what's called 'a blow in' up here ;D
A couple of hours just seemed to fly so we'll have a repeat very soon, I hope.
If I did a good enough pitch on the N Gauge Society maybe they'll give me a job as their pimp too!

Steamie+

Quote from: newportnobby on January 28, 2017, 08:32:22 PM
Good to meet up with you, Rod. I was surprised how much we had in common considering I'm what's called 'a blow in' up here ;D
A couple of hours just seemed to fly so we'll have a repeat very soon, I hope.
If I did a good enough pitch on the N Gauge Society maybe they'll give me a job as their pimp too!

Excellent Mick...  :laugh: :laugh:  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

It is good to hear you kept Mick out of trouble for a while at least Steamie+  >:D

Cheers John.

Bealman

Good on ya, Steamie+  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steamie+

Quote from: scotsoft on January 28, 2017, 09:10:01 PM
It is good to hear you kept Mick out of trouble for a while at least Steamie+  >:D

Cheers John.

Well i did my best John   :angel: 

Quote from: Bealman on January 28, 2017, 09:12:09 PM
Good on ya, Steamie+  :beers:

Seriously Bealman and John i enjoyed every minute of our meet up, this forum does know how to treat a member and in the future of i can help to promote the forum in anyway i would be glad to, be it at shows or anything else.
I some how felt has i had known Mick for years, talking and asking about railway stuff and things in general, thats how i feel about this forum, it's relaxed and helpful at the same time.      :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Bealman

Yeah, he's a great bloke (hope he's not reading this  :D). Met him twice in 6 months, which is pretty amazing, considering where I live.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Bealman on January 29, 2017, 05:08:42 AM
Yeah, he's a great bloke (hope he's not reading this  :D). Met him twice in 6 months, which is pretty amazing, considering where I live.

Aw shucks :-[
I seem to recall Anne saying it was twice too much, George ;)

Bealman

:laughabovepost:

She was always impressed with you fussing about the damaged finger which, incidentally is fine these days and don't i know it

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations