Making small payments

Started by Agrippa, August 21, 2014, 12:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

If someone is selling a small low value  item on the forum, not locos or coaches  but small things
like couplings, small sections of track etc, does anyone offer the option of paying in postage stamps,
no cheque hassle, no Paypal involved. Ist and 2nd class stamps cost about 50p -60p and last
forever, easy way to pay for something costing a couple of pounds.
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

scotsoft

I don't see why not but it would need to be agreed between the parties involved  :thumbsup:

cheers John.

Agrippa

Of course, and advantage is postage costs increase every year so it's an investment!

Agrippa

scottmitchell74

I paid my softball dues once with stamps! For some reason I didn't have cash, but I had a book of stamps in my wallet. The guy used stamps, like normal folk do, so he shrugged and accepted them as payment.

It never crossed my mind to send stamps as payment for this kind of transaction. It's a brilliant idea, I think.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

sparky

BR Lines accepts stamps for very small orders such as single axles or gears etc... the post office will give you stamps to any exact value you want...plus the price of the one on the envelope you are sending them in of course !

Bealman

I have a strange feeling that stamps with kangaroos and waratahs on them would go over like a lead balloon over there.  :uneasy:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Agrippa

Bealman

A member of the NSW rugby union team who you wanna keep on side, believe me.  :uneasy:

But it is also a native flower of NSW.  :thumbsup:

MikeDunn

Well, if ya name your rugby team player after pansies ... what's the worry ?  >:D

Bealman

Well, you might be right... I could always pass that comment on to them so you can find out  :D

However,  :offtopicsign:

Agrippa

Send the big jessies over here, we'll hit them with our handbags and send them
homewards to think again!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP