!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Off on a journey. The departure.  (Read 36749 times)

Offline newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Off on a journey. The departure.
« Reply #210 on: August 15, 2016, 06:18:20 pm »
Smashing scenics, Mito :thumbsup:

Offline Mito

• Trade Count: (0)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24863
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: August 15, 2016, 06:32:29 pm »
Great photo's - scenics are excellent - I am remiss for not having paid more attention to your thread... now I have to start at page 1 :)

Thanks. Some photos were deleted but as there have been several changes it's not really important.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #212 on: August 15, 2016, 07:03:22 pm »
Excellent stuff . I think it's looking really good.
 :thumbsup:
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Offline cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2016, 10:52:19 pm »
 :hellosign: Thanks for the  :greatpicturessign: Brian, your scenics look top notch
regards Derek.

Offline belstone

• Belstone blog
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2016, 10:59:45 pm »
That rock face looks properly rocky.  Very nice bit of scenic modelling, and thanks for explaining how you did it.

Richard

Offline M0NTIGNAC

• Awards
« Reply #215 on: August 16, 2016, 11:07:33 am »
 :superblayout: :jealous:

Offline keithbythe sea

• Awards
« Reply #216 on: August 16, 2016, 07:51:27 pm »
Very nice rocks! Something for me to aspire to.  :thankyousign:

Online Chris in Prague

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 24400
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: August 17, 2016, 09:34:17 pm »
Many thanks for the updates, Brian. The scenery is coming on very well indeed and the map is very useful to understand what is located whee.

Offline Milton Rail

• Larger Gallery
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 25213
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2016, 08:47:42 pm »
If it came via Cant Cove, then yes it is. It's temporally shedded at Frome, hence the working North to Bristol.
My memory is a disaster at the moment. I've had so much stock come; until I make a decent inventory I'm lost. :-[ :confused2:

I'm with you on that one!  I while away my time at work perusing ebay etc. ... thinking ooh, that looks nice, then I get home and find I already have one!  ok when it is a wagon.. but a tad embarrassing when it is a loco!  I now have a record of all the loco's I have at least :)

Offline port perran

• Awards
« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2016, 08:43:58 pm »
If it came via Cant Cove, then yes it is. It's temporally shedded at Frome, hence the working North to Bristol.
My memory is a disaster at the moment. I've had so much stock come; until I make a decent inventory I'm lost. :-[ :confused2:

I'm with you on that one!  I while away my time at work perusing ebay etc. ... thinking ooh, that looks nice, then I get home and find I already have one!  ok when it is a wagon.. but a tad embarrassing when it is a loco!  I now have a record of all the loco's I have at least :)
I too am hopeless. I can never remember what I have and haven't got.
Locomotives are ok but stock gets me very muddled!
Maybe age has a lot to do with it!
It's you railway so build it as you want and run whatever you like. The only rule is - ENJOY :
My Layouts -
Port Perran:- Trepol Bay:-

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #220 on: September 07, 2016, 09:02:38 pm »
Exchanged between various goods trains, two brand new extra-LWB "Creech Brewery" grain hopper wagons (designed by the engineering genius, George Enderby, of Trepol Bay) are due to arrive at Withy Junction where the local signwriters will add the brand boards to their sides featuring the brewery's famous logo.

Here they are seen passing through Cant Cove, on a misty morning, included in a train bound for Wadebridge from where the rear portion will be taken forward whilst the front portion of four goods vehicles is taken to Trepol Bay.

Photos. of the two grain hoppers arrival at their destination are eagerly awaited. They will be used to transport best East Anglian malting barley via Claverdon.

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #221 on: September 13, 2016, 10:23:07 pm »
Not a lot done over the summer, too hot. We've had a storm here tonight with some rain. It's refreshed the air but that's about all.

A couple of photos of new bulk grain arrivals and a couple of rivals. The bulk grain wagons will soon be fitted out with Creech Ales signs.

Also on the local goods were a couple of wagons with sawn timber from Port Perrin on its way to Durscombe for use in the mines.

You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2016, 08:34:05 am »
Many thanks for these photos., Brian. Very glad to see that these two newly overhauled extra-LWB grain hopper wagons have safely arrived from Cant Cove and that the timber traffic from Port Perran is going well, too. I look forward to seeing the "Creech Brewery" signs on these wagons and receiving a pair for my "Creech Brewery" one. (Please, also send one pair of signs, when ready to John, as these grain wagons pass through Claverdon on their way to / from East Anglia.) Good to see, too, that you have a "Bass" and a "Worthington" brewery van. (These were two of the most nationally distributed beer brands.)

Offline Mito

• Awards
« Reply #223 on: September 17, 2016, 09:18:42 pm »
At long last a start has been made on making transfers, though in this case they are not transfers! I printed the signs out on 220gsm paper and varnished both sides. They were then stuck to the hopper with UHU, the non stringy glue. They will be varnished again then a bit of weathering.
Apologies for a very grainy photo but there was very little light.

Online Chris in Prague

• Awards
« Reply #224 on: September 17, 2016, 09:28:53 pm »
Many thanks, Brian. They look really good. Excellent work. I'd like a pair of these printed signs (as I have one identical wagon, here) plus another pair for John (as he will, too).

You could also use exactly the same method for printing signs for the "Castle", "Headland" and "Gunnings" extra-LWB grain hopper wagons, too, I think.

I will use my new anti-shine aerosol matt varnish on my and Martin's signs. Weathering can then be left to the final owner. 8-)

Please Support Us!
February Goal: £55.00
Due Date: Feb 28
Total Receipts: £60.00
Above Goal: £5.00
Site Currency: GBP
109% 
February Donations

Advertise Here