!!

Not Registered?

Welcome!  Please register to view all of the new posts and forum boards - some of which are hidden to guests.  After registering and gaining 10 posts you will be able to sell and buy items on our N'porium.

If you have any problems registering, then please check your spam filter before emailing us.  Hotmail users seem to find their emails in the Junk folder.

Thanks for reading,
The NGF Staff.

Author Topic: Trémargat St. Croix (a small Brittany fishing harbour)  (Read 2736 times)

Offline Newportnobby

• Trade Count: (+59)
  • N Gauge Society Number: 21962
    • Awards
Re: Trémargat St. Croix (a small Brittany fishing harbour)
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2018, 09:31:33 pm »
Bonsoir mes amis,

Cheers weave  :beers:

Regardez l'heure, monsieur. Peut-etre c'est bon matin. Vilain Weave :telloff: ;)

Online weave

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Awards
« Reply #121 on: Yesterday at 01:56:09 am »
Bonsoir mes amis,

Regardez l'heure, monsieur. Peut-etre c'est bon matin. Vilain Weave :telloff: ;)

Je suis vraiment désolé monsieur. Il takez moi longtemps pour postez les pics et la google translate ne pas toujours workez  :D

Gracias y salud weave  :beers:

Online Bealman

• N Gauge Society Number: 23151
  • Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #122 on: Yesterday at 02:16:20 am »

Sayonara,  weave -san!  :beers:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #123 on: Yesterday at 02:29:16 am »
Blimey,

got the shock of me life. Top post hijack!!!

I couldn't sleep and certainly can't now  :D

Was going to post something but can't remember what.

Anyway, hope the trip is still going well.

Online Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #124 on: Yesterday at 03:04:39 am »
Yep, major hijack!

Sorry!

Back to your excellent harbour in the making, buddy.  :thumbsup:

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #125 on: Yesterday at 03:58:11 am »
Back on topic.

Thank you Greywolf, Papyrus and Mito.

Yes the rocks need work. As well as shaving the sides to fit, one of them should have it's top shaved off a bit. I didn't make them so knew they would need altering. Mod roc and gorse bushes are on the 'to do' list. Hopefully that'll bring it all together especially going back onto the road.

Regarding the right hand side, will make a raised area covering the curved tracks later today (if not too tired  :)) to go behind the buildings to see what it looks like. Was thinking of maybe a french style gravel park with trees, steps down to the left of the hotel as you look at it. Staggered wall up to it behind the buildings. Also, perhaps a small remembrance chapel (which I have) for lost sailors in the corner.

I didn't have the will to curve the back sky on that side so it'll have to be masked with trees or something. I dunno  :hmmm:

Will do the lift out section photo too and hopefully some more train pics. Regarding trains, unfortunately most of my loco fleet are from the Principat d'Izaro layout ie. electric, from the South or Spanish.

Still need that Lottery win to boost the North West fleet.

Thanks for reading my insomnia ramblings.

PS. Mito, it's not so much the dog walking that takes the time, it's trying to get one of the four back. Little bitch (think I can say that as she is  :)). Have kept her on a lead but she looks so sad with the others running around so I give in and risk losing hours. Made my bed etc.

Bealman, No sorries, no worries mate! By my reckoning it's nearly time for a few liveners before Sunday lunch where you are. Enjoy (even if it is roasted squid testicles  :D:beers:

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:01:03 am by weave »

Online Bealman

• Whoops back we go
    • Awards
« Reply #126 on: Yesterday at 04:09:29 am »
 :laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

MacDonalds more like  :uneasy:

Offline The Q

• Awards
« Reply #127 on: Yesterday at 09:00:48 am »
Mooring all, just taken the dog for a wal and would normally then go down the sailing club, but.... Oops this is your thread not mine.

Yes  getting some dogs back to the house is always difficult,  our current Border Collie goes on laydown strike if he doesn't want to go to the house, until ORDERED..

Your harbour looks correct and the  hair pin looks quite possible. This next picture is loch Skiport in the Hebrides, which used to get 200ft ferries on that ruined pier. The road is a lot steeper than it looks in the picture.

Here's another harbour, which used to get ferries but once they got to over 100ft  they had to moor off shore and come ashore in a launch.

As for boats not falling over, if it's two thin pieces of wood or metal one on each side of the hull  they're called ...legs
If it's two sheets of metal under the hull one each side of the centre keep, that's bilge keels..
I like your modelling  it's an interesting layout., It will be interesting to see further developments.

Offline Webbo

• Awards
« Reply #128 on: Yesterday at 09:08:24 am »
Well done weave.

I too like to see something different in a layout.

A couple of unsolicited thoughts from me:

1. Don't be afraid of filling your harbour with water. Woodland Scenics Realistic Water is terrific stuff and easy to use. Stay away from their E-Z Water though (not very easy).

2. If you would like a bit more variety in your seating outside the restaurants, Ngineering makes some ornate tables/chairs as metal frets. You'd need good eyesight to see their detail at any kind of distance though.

3. Walking dog(s) is good for the soul as well as the health. Mine is a handful as Bealman may be able to attest, but spending time on the walk is a daily necessity for both of us.

Yours is going to be a delightful layout when you get it done.

Webbo

Online weave

• Awards
« Reply #129 on: Yesterday at 09:42:36 am »
Thank you chaps.

Did get some sleep in the end but our lovely four legged friends woke me wanting to be let out and then have breakfast.

The Q. Thanks for the pics and leg terms. Googled it...

https://tour-scotland-photographs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/old-photograph-loch-skipport-south-uist.html

Very nice although has got 2 ps unlike your post. Skiport was a rather confusing search whilst not fully awake, especially as I didn't put loch in there. Made me feel cold.  :)

Webbo. Thanks, will look into the table/ chairs as the Faller chairs are a bit, er, well, wrong. Think I'll stick with the tide out with an option to fill but good advice re water.

Not sure if dog walking is good for the soul but certainly gets the adrenaline flowing. Have had to apologise to many people (joggers and cyclists especially  :doh:). The border collie is the best behaved (not trained). It's the others! Have met lots of lovely, understanding people too along the way.

Offline wookie

• N Gauge Society Number: 24741
    • Awards
« Reply #130 on: Yesterday at 11:43:31 am »
You could always try your hand with a few rock pools.....

I really like that road! We have just arrived back from a holiday in Lyme Regis and it made me feel like I'm still there  :D

Online cornish yorkie

• Awards
« Reply #131 on: Today at 12:49:02 am »
 :hellosign: Gotta agree the road is steep & the bend is sharp, very protypycl for many small harbours. looking forward to more progress
    regards Derek.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £55.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £55.00
Below Goal: £0.00
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
May Donations

Advertise Here
anything