N Gauge Journal 2/17

Started by free debt man, March 23, 2017, 02:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

free debt man

N Gauge Society members will be receiving their latest Journal today and over the next few days. Included in it is much of great interest, particularly the announcement about the rtr Hunslet locos. There is as well a lot of important news about the Society in the attached Newsletter. Please take up a bit of your time to read the contents of the Newsletter, as well as the Journal. :thankyousign:
Stuart Conlon
General Secretary
N Gauge Society

N-Gauge-US

I look forward to receiving mine (though I don't expect it to jump the pond and land on my doorstep for another week or two!). :) It is far and away my favorite regular piece of mail :)
Check out Avondale - My heritage railway themed layout :)

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29371.0

austinbob

Just got mine. Look forward to a browse during the soaps!!
:)
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Cooper

Another excellent journal! Please note the plea for quality articles in the Newsletter section. There are some excellent projects on this Forum that would bear a wider airing amongst NGS members!

NTrain

A little concerned that there are details of some products from a Spanish company called N-Train.

I have been using the name for over 10 years now.

I cannot see any contact details for them though.

port perran

Had a quick browse through and looks good.
Will have a detailed look on the train tomorrow.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Skyline2uk

Initial look through and it's up to the usual standard we now expect and I look forward to reading it in detail.

I also note the request for more articles.

I will have to add (another) article to the "to do" list over the next couple of months...

Fix Class 66, pay deposit on Hunslett, spend Birthday cash, Trainwest, get married...you know, the usual....

Skyline2uk

Roy L S

Agreed, excellent as we have come to expect.

I am allowing myself two Hunslets, definitely a red Esso one just need to decide on the second. Currently thinking it will be another petroleum one maybe a BP green but I may just settle for two Essos.

I think the spec for these little pups looks pretty amazing when you consider the size of them. Yes, Colin Allbright did give us the lovely Farish 03 and 04 shunters but they aren't DCC ready and don't have lights, stay alive etc. How the bar keeps rising..

Roy

Steamie+

Is it me or did i read most of the magazine on the NGS website....... :thumbsup:

N-Gauge-US

Quote from: Steamie+ on March 24, 2017, 05:01:35 AM
Is it me or did i read most of the magazine on the NGS website....... :thumbsup:

Any time a member wants better copy, they should start by submitting some of their own ;) Articles are written by members; if there isn't any good content, we need to write more. The editors are only there to compile. Grahame shouldn't need to write articles to fill space.

Steamie+

Quote from: N-Gauge-US on March 24, 2017, 05:32:36 AM
Quote from: Steamie+ on March 24, 2017, 05:01:35 AM

Any time a member wants better copy, they should start by submitting some of their own ;) Articles are written by members; if there isn't any good content, we need to write more. The editors are only there to compile. Grahame shouldn't need to write articles to fill space.

Hi Nick, i haven't asked for a better copy have i, i did put a thumps up to it. I think the Magazine is brilliant and i don't really have anything for an article, i will leave that until i have something to give to it lol.    :) :) :)

I don't like to bash magazines and i have no cause to bash the NGJ mate.     :thumbsup:

ohlavache

Quote from: NTrain on March 23, 2017, 05:25:42 PM
A little concerned that there are details of some products from a Spanish company called N-Train.

I have been using the name for over 10 years now.

I cannot see any contact details for them though.

I noticed the same some time ago.
So there's n-train.net, i.e. you, and ntrain.eu that belongs to the Sedisa group.
The Sedisa group also owns Mafen (mafen.eu) that produces French, Swiss and Spanish trackside signals.
The company is based in Barcelona. I don't have further information.

I you own the brand at European level, you should be able to prove seniority and ask them to use another brand.

haeckmaen

Hello,

the recent issue of the Journal included a slightly modified submission I wrote about narrow boat modelling (,Modelling narrow boats, page 35'), however it was decided not to include any of my modelling pics I supplied with the article. I wasn't informed about any problems with my pics prior to publishing so I was rather suprised that those were not included.

Instead of lamenting, please find below a selection of the pics obviously not found suitable for publication. These are reduced in size to match forum settings.

All in all, I think the article is incomplete by making away with the modelling pics.

Best regards
Matthias (#19833)

N-Gauge-US

Thanks Matthias! I haven't gotten my journal yet but I'm excited to read your article. I'm surprised the pictures weren't included as they are very good! You've done some really beautiful work! Thank you for posting them here and for your write up in the journal.  :thankyousign:  :greatpicturessign:

Philip

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations