LONDON FIRE

Started by Steamie+, June 14, 2017, 08:47:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Aluminium is in the same group of metals as magnesium, and is actually more reactive. If you wash it with ammonium nitrate solution it removes the oxide layer and the aluminium spontaneously bursts into flame.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

The Q

Whilst expressing my condolences to anyone who's lost someone.

I am beginging to wonder a what is being thrown at them now, they are all getting £5500, which if you lose your home to fire anywhere else, you do not get. There are various charities raising money for them and now a charity single has been released.

Except for those who have been injured and may need continuing care. A great many of those who have lost their homes are going to end up a lot better off than they were before, especially if they had home insurance.

Following up on that you can guarrentee the ambulance chasing lawyers are circling, making all sorts of offers to sue the council  / builders / anyone else. Which will make lots more money for the lawyers than those affected

RailGooner

No amount of money is going to help heal the psychological injuries suffered, but might help pay for treatment or subsidise diminished incomes due to time off work. No amount of money is going to help rebuild an entire community that has been torn apart. I think that only those that have survived through this devastating tragedy can know how deep and wide and real the pain is. The survivors have lost much, much more than a home.

Snowwolflair

Quote from: The Q on June 21, 2017, 10:18:26 AM
Whilst expressing my condolences to anyone who's lost someone.

I am beginging to wonder a what is being thrown at them now, they are all getting £5500, which if you lose your home to fire anywhere else, you do not get. There are various charities raising money for them and now a charity single has been released.

Except for those who have been injured and may need continuing care. A great many of those who have lost their homes are going to end up a lot better off than they were before, especially if they had home insurance.

Following up on that you can guarrentee the ambulance chasing lawyers are circling, making all sorts of offers to sue the council  / builders / anyone else. Which will make lots more money for the lawyers than those affected

Its the ambulance chasing politicians that get my goat.

My view on compensation is good luck to them they deserve something extra after what they have gone through.

Newportnobby

[mod]Expressions of sorrow following such a disaster are one thing but I don't believe discussions of what help is being offered, what councils are/aren't doing and what insurance companies will do are anything to do with the forum[/mod]

Steamie+

I had a notification about this thread which i started about the London Fire although i have had orders off my doctor to stay off the forum for a short while i have had to come and make this comment because it was upsetting me to see that those comments were being made and i agree with @newportnobby this thread was started for condolences and not for any political agenda or comments on what they are receiving now.

The loss of life is upsetting for all concerned no matter who they are, unless of cause they had caused the loss of life themselves, but that is for another thread and not this one please.

broadsword

Yep ,I agree with the above, give messages of condolence but dont start
mudslinging until the facts are known .

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations