Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

Quote from: fatso on October 04, 2015, 03:00:45 PM
my lovely   lady has said no to another 4 speaker for my home theater system along with a new amp that allows atmos format sound
Have an extra pint in the evening fatso and you won't notice the difference!! Relatively cheap and very enjoyable solution.
:beers:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

railsquid

Currently an unwilling participant in a medical experiment titled "Small Babies as Disease Vectors". Worse, offending small baby not only manages to display all symptoms of said diseases, but remain disgustingly active. On the plus side he only took a couple of days to associate the "uncomfortable snot-removal tubes" with "subsequent nasal relief" and the process no longer requires two people with five arms between them.

MalcolmInN

Quote from: railsquid on October 05, 2015, 03:22:32 PM
Currently an unwilling participant in a medical experiment titled "Small Babies as Disease Vectors".  "uncomfortable snot-removal tubes"

Quote from: Bealman on September 30, 2015, 11:12:47 AM
Now I know why I don't like looking at this thread. Medical stories....
I'm with B
:laugh3: :o   :smiley-laughing: :laughabovepost:

a little too much info I rekons :)

Disease vector you say, Ha, wait till it starts school then worry about what it brings home.
Almost as bad as riding a bus.

railsquid

"Riding" a bus? Do you put a saddle on it or what?  ???

petercharlesfagg

Currently an unwilling participant in a medical experiment titled "Small Babies as Disease Vectors". Worse, offending small baby not only manages to display all symptoms of said diseases, but remain disgustingly active. On the plus side he only took a couple of days to associate the "uncomfortable snot-removal tubes" with "subsequent nasal relief" and the process no longer requires two people with five arms between them.

A mental picture comes to mind of trying to hold an adult male cat to get a tablet down its throat!  (I learnt about wrapping it in a towel, AFTERWARDS!)

Scratches?  You have NO idea!
Each can do but little, BUT if each did that little, ALL would be done!

Life is like a new sewer pipe, what you get out of it depends on what you put into it!

A day without laughter is a day wasted!

railsquid

Quote from: petercharlesfagg on October 05, 2015, 04:12:53 PM

A mental picture comes to mind of trying to hold an adult male cat to get a tablet down its throat!  (I learnt about wrapping it in a towel, AFTERWARDS!)

Scratches?  You have NO idea!

Wrap aforesaid tablet in a piece of tasty chicken. Guaranteed to work at least some of the time. Also, post-operative adult female cat with epic constipation and one of those neck lampshades SHE DOES NOT LIKE... why yes, I have the t-shirt  :D

MalcolmInN

Quote from: railsquid on October 05, 2015, 04:11:15 PM
"Riding" a bus? Do you put a saddle on it or what?  ???
I wouldnt know what to do with the things these days, it has been so long since.

Much like "taking" a train, wouldnt know how to go about doing it, let alone getting a reasonable ticket to anywhere,
now if they were re-nationalised it would , , ,
ohh errr watavI said now , ,  :D :D :D

Newportnobby

Spent most of today waiting for/having an angiogram. Having shaved the 'top of my right leg' (and adjoining region as instructed they did the job radially i.e. went in from my wrist so there'll be some embarrassing scratching going on for a couple of weeks for no reason :-[. Can't do much for the next 2 days (no driving, no lifting more than a cuppa etc) just in case the artery pops but should be OK after that. The immediate prognosis is that I need a double heart by pass before Christmas :doh: :worried: :help:
Still, there are plenty worse off than me.

ColinH

Sorry to hear that Nobby. Hope you get treatment quickly and promptly with no messing about with cancelled op appointments etc. Guess it may curtail modelling for a while but should give you even more time for posting on here.

Sure there will be lots of good wishes message winging your way.
My layout Much Puffindun can be seen at http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17426.msg173415#msg173415
Warning: Being a NGF member can seriously restrict your available modelling time

Geoff

I wish you good health Mick and I hope they get you sorted soon.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Car park cost me £10 so they've had the deposit already :veryangry: :censored:

Mr Sprue

Quote from: newportnobby on October 07, 2015, 08:31:56 PM

The immediate prognosis is that I need a double heart by pass before Christmas :doh: :worried: :help:

Chin up Mick, from what I hear from people that have undergone the opp, all say it was worth it.  ;)

dannyboy

Quote from: Mr Sprue on October 07, 2015, 08:52:17 PM
Quote from: newportnobby on October 07, 2015, 08:31:56 PM

The immediate prognosis is that I need a double heart by pass before Christmas :doh: :worried: :help:

Chin up Mick, from what I hear from people that have undergone the opp, all say it was worth it.  ;)

I hope things go well, (and speedily), for you Mick. I know someone who went through the same thing and, like Mr Sprue said, they said it was the best thing they had ever had done.  :)
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

Wow, Mick. You've just had the hip fixed and now this. Good luck with it, mate.

This getting old business sucks, doesn't it?

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bob Tidbury

Good luck when you have the operation Mick , you'll soon have to change your name on here to BIONIC MAN at this rate , I really wish you a speedy recovery at least as some one else said you will now have more time to keep us laughing with your jokes on here.
Bob

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations