Dapol announce GB Railfrieght MJA wagons

Started by woodbury22uk, April 24, 2018, 05:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Come the weekend and I'll do some more robust testing - scientific even. :dunce: I'll try different couplers/loco/radii/etc., add some weight, and anything else I can think of - or have suggested to me.

Train Waiting

Quote from: RailGooner on August 08, 2018, 06:41:39 PM
Come the weekend and I'll do some more robust testing - scientific even. :dunce: I'll try different couplers/loco/radii/etc., add some weight, and anything else I can think of - or have suggested to me.

:offtopicsign:

Sorry!

Just to say that I like your avatar.

It's a great year for the RAF.  Although, for our family, we really ought to wait until 2042...

With best wishes and many apologies for intruding into the world of Dapol GB Railfreight wagons.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

RailGooner

It is indeed a great year for the RAF John. Preceded by a great 99 years! I've been enjoying learning loads of little detail stories that are new to me - and then promptly forgetting them. :dunce:

njee20

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on August 09, 2018, 02:14:22 AM

Any of these get north of Stirling on the Scottish Central?

With respect, you've asked 4 times now across two threads, and not had a response - why not try Googling? I can't find any evidence of them being in Scotland full stop, so it may well be a no.

njee20

Thought I'd put you out of your misery ;)

Ironically though we're now having the conversation in the less relevant of the two threads!

Happy to be corrected but I don't think they're usually used for ballast/spoil, more likely to be JNAs, IOAs, MRAs, MEAs or MFAs off the top of my head.

RailGooner

Quote from: RailGooner on August 08, 2018, 06:41:39 PM

Well I did set out to do this. Saturday morning, up bright and early. I started by rooting through boxes looking for a selection of locos. This wasn't helped by the fact that items were boxed in chronological order of purchase.

Then I had a brainwave! :idea: I'd sort these boxes out into some sort of order - that'll only take an hour or so. Fast forward to Sunday evening and locos were sorted by manufacturer and wagons by genre of goods - metals, minerals, etc.

So unfortunately that left no time for experimenting with MJA couplers. Though that's been done to death now on the MJA Routes thread. :beers:

woodbury22uk

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned before but the Dapol MJA twin-set is a contender for best N gauge carriage/wagon of the year in the Hornby Magazine annual survey.

https://hornbymagazine.keypublishing.com/2018/09/13/hornby-magazine-model-railway-awards-2018/
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

RailGooner

After all the troubles I had with the couplers on the MJA it isn't even a contender IMO. :thumbsdown: RevolutioN Class B tanker gets my vote in that category. :beers:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations