Euclid-type Dump Truck

Started by Nick, February 28, 2017, 04:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottishModeller

Quote from: Nick on February 28, 2017, 04:05:21 PM
I want to have a mining/construction type vehicle in my quarry yard. I had in mind the type of dump truck that Euclid used to make. Big yellow things! ;)

Does anyone produce/market them in the UK? I have found a couple of candidates made by a company called Railway Express Miniatures in the States, which appear to be distributed by Walthers, but I can't find anyone handling them over here. (I'm not wedded to these particular models, something else would do.)

The only dump trucks I can find in UK ranges are very old vehicle types, which won't suit - it's a present day layout.

Any ideas?
Hi Nick,

I see I get a mention further on in the thread!

Anyway - I'll address your initial query...

Construction gear in the UK are as rare as hens teeth.

Unless you are lucky (As I was) and find someone with what you want that is.

Ranges I know about and have purchased from in the past.

Bachmann USA - That Green dumper you show further down.
Bachmann USA - Bucket Loader - Make not recognisable, but appears to be same scale as the dumper which was 1:160.

Tomix - A range of equipment, dump truck, bucket loader, bulldozer, snow blower, telehandler, low loader, tracked shovel loader.
Unbranded stuff appears randomly from time to time, buy it when you see it!
GHQ Construction - whole range of construction gear - rare to find in the UK. How rare? In 10 years serching I've only found the Komatsu Tracked Excavator.

Places to try...

Osbourns, Sons and Daughters, N-Train.

Also eBay - Japan ( but don't take the photos as accurate). I just bought what I thought was a bundle which included some construction gear, found out on delivery that the construction gear shown in the photo wasn't included! Being able to read Japanese would be handy....but I don't.

Also....

Wath the cheap shops like Poundstretcher for key rings that sometimes have construction gear as part of the fob!

Thanks

ps - there is a JCB 4CX available but whenever I've found it, I only had glimpses before others beat me to the purchase.
Thanks
Phil Holman

Nick

Thanks to everyone for the outpouring of information - I didn't realise the issue was going to be so complicated, or that the vehicles would be so difficult to obtain.

Just to add to the store of knowledge, I eventually tracked down the website of Railway Express Miniatures, that I referred to earlier. They trade as JL Innovative Design now, and have a small range of vehicles and structures in N (1/160, obviously). I've had a quick look and it seems that they ship to the UK for a flat $10, which is attractive.

They may be of interest to US outline modellers. Or modelers, I suppose that should be...  ;)
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Jimbo

Quote from: javlinfaw7 on March 01, 2017, 10:56:39 AM
Is that a model of Donald Trump beside the dumper

No, that's Donald Trump Duck.....or is it Dump Truck?  :hmmm:.....not helping much am I!  :sorrysign:
'Keep it country!'

'Head in the clouds, feet in the mud!'

Rabbitaway

Nick

Some photos of construction plant

woodbury22uk

Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23