Can you see who's ignoring you?

Started by njee20, April 12, 2017, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

njee20

A comment from a member on another thread that I should "look at how many people ignore me" made me wonder! I assumed not. We could have a league table...

Tank

Or maybe you need to wonder what needs to change to stop people ignoring you?

njee20

I don't know if anyone is ignoring me. Repeat ad infinitum. You're never going to please everyone in life, I know some here find me argumentative. I've not been banned, so I presume I'm not fundamentally doing anything wrong?

FWIW there are members I find immensely irritating, but I'd never ignore them. Says more about the ignorer than the ignoree IMO.

I take it's a no?

Tank

Banning is for those who are extreme.  The moderating team do have a list of members who we monitor if their posts are reported by others frequently, or if their attitude doesn't quite fit.

I don't ignore anyone on here, but I do have a rather nice big red button next to each members name...!   :smiley-laughing:

There is no way of knowing who is ignoring you.

broadsword

Quote from: escafeld on April 12, 2017, 08:37:47 PM
Can we have a league table of those who do the most reporting and those who are most reported on?  :)

A bit like Glengarry Glenross, top one gets a car, 2nd top gets a set of golf clubs,
3rd top gets the  boot !

njee20

It would be very interesting to see that! Particularly most reported. I imagine the busiest reporter may wish to remain anonymous.

Tank

To be honest, there are no real repeat reporters.  We do get reports of the same culprits though, who think they've done nothing wrong, yet dig themselves a hole.  Maybe I should be harsher with some people?

njee20

I'm unlikely to fair well if you do :D

You know my thoughts about all of this, so I won't retread old ground. Do you send warnings to members? I've never received one officially, but I know a lot of forums do.

dannyboy

Quote from: escafeld on April 12, 2017, 09:02:35 PM
I've received a 'Polite Warning' this evening from Tank for a post early in this thread that has now been removed.

At least it was not the  ........ 'Red Button'  :sweat:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

REGP

@Tank can you please clarify a point about "ignoring" that puzzled me for some time.

I very occasional come across a post which simply says "why are you ignoring me" or words to that effect, although I have not knowingly taken any action to ignore that post.

By clicking on the unignore button I can then see the original post.

Does this mean I have inadvertently hit an ignore button or was something done centrally?

Regards

Ray

Newportnobby

Ray - that question is generally asked when someone thinks you haven't responded within their perceived timescale. They can't know if you are 'officially' ignoring them.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Tank on April 12, 2017, 08:33:48 PM

There is no way of knowing who is ignoring you.

Sorry, but I thought this answered that question. Agree with the rest of your post, though.

daffy

Quote from: Only Me on April 12, 2017, 10:43:24 PM
I can see everything but thats cause I write the code ☝️😂😂

Now I wonder, is that a blessing or a curse? :hmmm:

:D

BTW - I never knew I could 'ignore' somebody before this thread. Not that I ever would, though I don't always read every post here (are there enough hours in the day? :hmmm:), so I may seemed to have done so inadvertently, but see from my Profile that I don't have anyone so accidentally 'sent to Coventry' through careless (carefree?) screen tapping.

But if someone is so deserving as to be put an anyone's 'Ignore List' then I would hope that the Mods would have acted accordingly anyway, negating the need to use such a facility. But then again................
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations