Why can't i stay logged in?

Started by bbdave, January 12, 2012, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbdave

Hi each time i return to the site i have to log back in this has changed in the last couple of days has one of my settings changed i do click the forever option.

Dave

EtchedPixels

Quote from: bbdave on January 12, 2012, 09:22:43 PM
Hi each time i return to the site i have to log back in this has changed in the last couple of days has one of my settings changed i do click the forever option.

Dave

Its working for me. Check you didn't accept the cookie as being for this session only - if you did then each time you quit the browser it'll throw it away. Good for privacy, annoying for logins !
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Illori

as has been stated in other threads, make sure your url you are logging into the forum with is correct, the cookie to keep you logged in does not work if you try to log in from the wrong url.

grid078

i`m having the same problem too and i have cleared my browsing history and cookies etc, have also deleted the desktop shortcut and saved the new one.

Stu

Illori

well it works fine here and has for others, so the issue must be on your end.

Cimmerian

This was discussed earlier in another topic. I'm too lazy to copy it all out so just take alook down page 4 in this thread.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3488.45

Regards, Ken

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Illori on January 12, 2012, 09:35:13 PM

That's a bit naïve. If the forum is producing slightly invalid or confused headers with cookie data then browsers will do different things with it. Having browser specific problems with cookies isn't exactly unusual and its generally a problem on the web site end.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

grid078

Like your attitude not!!!!!!!!!!

Thought this was supposed too be a HELPFULL and FRIENDLY forum!!!!!!

I had enoyed myself here BUT will now be SERIOUSLY considering leaving!!!!!

Tank

Please try and log in with this address:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php  Then hopefully it will remember your password.

Once we get back to having the .co.uk address on the server it should sort itself out.

Cimmerian

Quote from: grid078 on January 12, 2012, 09:41:41 PM

Like your attitude not!!!!!!!!!!

Thought this was supposed too be a HELPFULL and FRIENDLY forum!!!!!!

I had enoyed myself here BUT will now be SERIOUSLY considering leaving!!!!!

It is both helpful and friendly,,,mostly. Like I said a few posts back read through this.

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=3488.45

I had the same problem earlier but I don't have it now.
Regards, Ken

grid078

Thanks Cimmerian and tank, but its changed nothing.

bbdave

Quote from: Tank on January 12, 2012, 09:46:07 PM
Please try and log in with this address:- http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php  Then hopefully it will remember your password.

Once we get back to having the .co.uk address on the server it should sort itself out.

Ok thanks chaps i deleted my bookmark and  used that link then re book marked it and it seems to have solved the problem.

Dave

Tank

Good to hear.  Thanks for letting us know Dave. :computersmile:

Bikeracer

I'm not having any problems staying logged in,but I've noticed that if I follow a link to an old post a log in is required.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Cimmerian

Quote from: Bikeracer on January 12, 2012, 10:25:27 PM
I'm not having any problems staying logged in,but I've noticed that if I follow a link to an old post a log in is required.

Allan

Not fair. That hasn't happened to me.
Regards, Ken

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations