Disappearing posts

Started by Malc, October 28, 2014, 05:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malc

On a couple of occasions, I have selected unread posts from last visit and found more than one page. After scanning page 1, I have clicked on page 2, only to find all the posts have disappeared. They are no longer shown in "all unread posts" or "unread posts since last visit".
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Caz

It usually means there were only a few posts on page 2 and by reading some of the posts on page one there are then not enough left to spread over two pages, all the unread posts then occupy only one page.   ;)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Malc

Not quite what I meant Caz. I don't open any posts on page 1, just look down the list. Then I swap to page 2, open something interesting. Then press show all unread posts and whoosh, all posts disappear.

Tank

That sounds like a problem your end if that is happening.  Try deleting your cookies for the site and seeing if that helps.

sparky

And there was me thinking Dynamo Magician impossible was now a forum member.... Would be nice to see if he could magic up some nice new DCC ready blue peaks..now that would be a trick...

Malc

I will give it a try, but deleting the cookies does not clear the list of unread topics, I have just tried it. I deleted browsing history and all cookies. All the open sites disappeared, but when I reloaded the forum and clicked on show all posts since your last visit, they were still there.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations