FS section feedback

Started by RST, January 02, 2014, 03:16:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RST

It was mentioned any comments reg the FE section to me recently so here goes...

• What's the reason for having two separate threads in the classifieds section?  As the first one allows no replies it's redundant and just makes clicking through to the second page each time tedious
    Not so sure replies are always E-Mailed out, as above, clicking twice to check for interest is tedious, plus every ad just shows locked and no replies -no way of quickly seeing any replies.  I'm a big believer in open trading -I would always reply to an ad rather then just PM'ing silently.  I would expect someone to post up also even if it's just saying a note of interest by PM
    When creating adverts you guys insist on uploaded pics (OK, fair enough) but when you create the ad, the ability to create just one pic isn't enough -having the ability to upload more from the outset would save to-ing and fro-ing with E-mails and editing
    On viewing uploaded pics it seems almost impossible to view them correctly -they display larger than full screen.  Maybe just a quirk with Firefox but the pop-up box doesn't really work properly
    Ads can expire, even after a day -means you can't look through and get a comparison of what similar things are worth.  This does not help when trying to price things honestly!

There was a fault with the system a couple of days ago which I should report.  Submitted one ad, a duplicate ad appeared, when I deleted one of them, both ads disappeared, when I checked back again much later (gave up going round in circles), both ads were back and I finally managed to delete the spurious duplicate which appeared leaving the intended ad in place.  Very confusing considering only one ad was generated.

...I'm obviously new here and don't understand fully the FS section.  As a frequent forum user though I think it's under used and I can understand why now though.  I know you guys have experienced problems in the past but not sure what involvement you have more than "caveat emptor" and I think as an honest person it's perhaps over-involved.  I would like to use it more but it's not user friendly and seems very over-complicated for what it is.

Not complaints really but feedback, trying to understand why it is what it is.

Rich

Tank

Hi Rich,

Many thanks for the feedback.  I have asked many times for changes to the software, some of which you've mentioned.  The developer of the Classifieds software isn't quick at replying to feature requests, let alone making them.  This makes it a lengthy wait when asking for changes.....and many get ignored.  It's very frustrating as there are many things I'd like changed!!!  :)  It took nearly 6 months for me to get quantities and relisting coded into the software.  :(

Two separate threads in the classified section?  I'm guessing that you mean the classified boards on the forum and not the classifieds software itself?  ???  If so, these appear purely to show members on the main forum that new items have been placed in the Classifieds, otherwise the only way to see new items is to go into the Classifieds itelf (which many members forget to do).  If members wish to ask questions then there is a message facility on each listing that is created, and I believe that the seller is notified of a new message.

Picture sizes - I'll have to see if this can be adjusted.

Uploading one picture when creating a new listing - One of the many things I've complained about to the developer!  Once the listing is submitted with the initial picture then you are able to edit the listing and submit more.  A rather silly approach!!!  Also about the 'white screen' that appears if a picture is too big in size.  It needs to give the user a second chance to use a smaller picture.

Fault with your Ads -  I'm hoping that this was just a one off.  I didn't see it myself, so maybe a browser error which sorted itself out.  Will keep an eye out for this though!

Hope I answered everything?  I appreciate your feedback as it helps me to see anything that I've missed.

Cheers,
Chris.

RST

Thanks for replying.  TBH your FS section is understandably very monitored, but very non-intuative as a buyer / seller also.  It puts me off personally as its not an east system as an honest person but that may change LoL.

I don't understand the double forum though (why a link to a second one), and I think all trading should be upfront (nothing without cursory response to the ad).

Tank

Quote from: RST on January 17, 2014, 11:58:39 PM
I don't understand the double forum though (why a link to a second one), and I think all trading should be upfront (nothing without cursory response to the ad).

I don't understand what you mean about a double forum?  As I explained above, I can only assume you mean the Classified listings, and the threads that are made on the forum to advertise them? ???

Caz

Quote from: Arrachogaidh on January 18, 2014, 01:10:05 PM
I thought this thread was about Italian State Railways. Sadly not....

???   ???   ???   Is this in the right place?
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

Quote from: whiteswan on January 18, 2014, 04:18:18 PM
Quote from: Arrachogaidh on January 18, 2014, 01:10:05 PM
I thought this thread was about Italian State Railways. Sadly not....

???   ???   ???   Is this in the right place?

Italian State Railways = Ferrovie dello Stato Italiane, or FS for short :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations