what are you listening to at the moment?

Started by findus, January 20, 2011, 12:06:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marco neri

Quote from: escafeld on May 18, 2017, 10:04:27 AM
RIP Chris Cornell (Audioslave and Soundgarden vocalist) - July 20, 1964 – May 17, 2017

No doubt is a Black period for rockers started at the end of 2015 with Lemmy and Philty departures😟
...never turn you back on the ripper (judas priest)

scottmitchell74

RIP - Cornell, who provided a major background voice to my 17-30 year old days.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

bridgiesimon

Thank you guys, I have just logged in to add a link myself after hearing this terrible news, he has been my favourite singer for many years, his version of Lennon's Imagine is aesome. He will be sorely lost!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YukBYq4Qj4

Best wishes from a gutted Simon

Tank

scottmitchell74

Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

Tank

Quote from: scottmitchell74 on May 19, 2017, 09:54:39 PM
Incredible album!

Yes, completely hooked on them at the moment.  :)  Also, Sabaton and Exmortus. :headbang:

scottmitchell74

I'm sick to my stomach...Sabaton was in Dallas on the 16th, but I was on-duty. They were in San Antonio the 17th...but it would have been a 8 hour round trip...and I let the day come and go. Now I regret it. When will they be back again!?

Once upon a time there was a venue just over 2 hours away that brought in all these bands (Ensiferum, Tyr, Eluevetie, Turisus, Dragonforce, Sonata Arctica, Cage, Vicious Rumours) among others...but that venue went kaput.

Anyhow...

bridgiesimon

Paradise Lost - Draconian Times

Very good choice, awesome album!!

Simon

Malc

The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Intercity

Relaxing before work with some tunes from UB40 (and wondering where all the years went, some of these are supposedly old school now)

Newportnobby

Island sampler album 'Bumpers' which includes this Traffic classic........

port perran

I believe we've been here before with Bumpers Mick but a really great sampler from Island with some brilliant tracks.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Newportnobby

Can't help myself, Martin. For me, it's one of those 'must play' albums and finds its way to the turntable at least once a fortnight. It also serves as a reminder of all the bands I used to go and see in the late 60s and early 70s. Nostalgia ain't wot it used to be :(

Malc

Quote from: newportnobby on May 30, 2017, 09:45:58 PM
Can't help myself, Martin. For me, it's one of those 'must play' albums and finds its way to the turntable at least once a fortnight. It also serves as a reminder of all the bands I used to go and see in the late 60s and early 70s. Nostalgia ain't wot it used to be :(
I too have a selection from Bumpers and Nice enough to eat on my memory stick I use in the car. Listening to BJH yesterday on the shopping run. Not sure which sampler they were on, I have several.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Newportnobby

BJH were one of those groups I saw about 6 times in the 70s. They recorded on the 'Harvest' label (EMI) and their track on the 'Picnic - a taste of fresh air' sampler is 'Mother Dear'
This is them at their best to my mind...............(set it playing and enjoy!)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations