Just returned from the US of A !

Started by emjaybee, September 12, 2017, 11:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emjaybee

Just returned from the US of A! Spent a couple of days up around Gettysburg and then dropped down to Baltimore for a few nights. Caught a baseball game, enjoyed the harbour, beer, burgers, buffalo wings, etc....

....oh yes, and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum.

(Please excuse the random SWMBO used for scale!)

Oh yes, and they have a "Big-Boy" but it's hemmed in too well for photos.

I have other photos but I'm jiggered if I can make a album on the site, so if someone can help that'd be great, also with the random rotation!

;)
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Bealman

Cool! Looks and sounds like a great trip!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

weave

Hi,

Agreed, sounds like a great trip. Can't help with the pics as have loads of trouble myself but when someone who can help does, looking forward to more.

Cheers weave  :beers:

PS. Did the Orioles win? I love baseball.

Hope the beer was better at Dempseys, Camden Yards (assuming you went there)  than it was when I called in there on a non-match day a few years back.
Olivers Ales on Pratt Street is the more solid choice for beer in the Harbour area, though it can get rather busy on game days!

emjaybee

Quote from: weave on September 13, 2017, 08:32:52 AM
Hi,

Agreed, sounds like a great trip. Can't help with the pics as have loads of trouble myself but when someone who can help does, looking forward to more.

No, they got pounded by the "Evil Empire" (New York Yankees). I'm a Boston Red Sox fan, so I was rooting for the Orioles.

FYI - Baseball's rule No.1 - "I support two teams. I support {insert appropriate favourite team} and anyone that's playing the Yankees"

I follow the baseball very closely, and will be staying up through the wee small hours in October to watch the World Series.
Brookline build thread:

weave

Quote from: emjaybee on September 13, 2017, 09:08:23 AM
Hi,

No, they got pounded by the "Evil Empire" (New York Yankees). I'm a Boston Red Sox fan, so I was rooting for the Orioles.

FYI - Baseball's rule No.1 - "I support two teams. I support {insert appropriate favourite team} and anyone that's playing the Yankees"

I follow the baseball very closely, and will be staying up through the wee small hours in October to watch the World Series.

Hi,

I'm a SF Giants fan. Terrible season but have similar, maybe Rule 2, anyone playing the Yankees but BIG TIME, anyone playing LA Dodgers. Beat them 8-6 last night  :claphappy:

Also we got Kung Fu Panda back from you  :claphappy:

emjaybee

Quote from: weave on September 13, 2017, 10:09:33 AM
Quote from: emjaybee on September 13, 2017, 09:08:23 AM
Hi,

Hi,

I'm a SF Giants fan. Terrible season but have similar, maybe Rule 2, anyone playing the Yankees but BIG TIME, anyone playing LA Dodgers. Beat them 8-6 last night  :claphappy:

Also we got Kung Fu Panda back from you  :claphappy:

Ooo, Giants, I feel your pain. The Dodgers are going to take some beating this year, if they're not in the World Series I'll be amazed. How do you follow it? I subscribe to MLB.TV through mlb.com since Channel 5 baseball went under. Cheaper by far than trying to go through Sky.

Over the last 19 years I've been to Fenway four times, Arlington (Texas Rangers) once, Diamondbacks twice and now Camden Yards. I just love the atmosphere at a ball game.  The British sporting bodies could learn a lot.

Brookline build thread:

scottmitchell74

Quote from: emjaybee on September 12, 2017, 11:04:43 PM
Just returned from the US of A! Spent a couple of days up around Gettysburg and then dropped down to Baltimore for a few nights. Caught a baseball game, enjoyed the harbour, beer, burgers, buffalo wings, etc....

....oh yes, and the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum.

(Please excuse the random SWMBO used for scale!)

Oh yes, and they have a "Big-Boy" but it's hemmed in too well for photos.

I have other photos but I'm jiggered if I can make a album on the site, so if someone can help that'd be great, also with the random rotation!

;)

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing. I visited Baltimore a lot as a kid (relatives). My first and only visit to the B&O Railroad Museum was in 1980! My first baseball games were in the old Memorial Stadium (Eddie Murray!!!), and I have very, very fond memories of the shopping, ships, museums, etc...at the Harbor. Very happy for you (and jealous) of your trip.
Spend as little as possible on what you need so you can spend as much as possible on what you want.

weave

Hi emjaybee,

We'll get told off for going off topic. Well I will, it's your thread  :). We had Virgin cable with Sky Sports, baseball all the time, moved house, now Sky dish and the baseball's now on BT Sport which we don't have  :(.

Thought about getting it but as we had such a rubbish start to the season I thought I'd leave it and maybe wait 'til next year.

Will look into what you've done.

As I write the Yankees and Rays are bottom of the 7th. Won't say the score as you might be recording it.

I'll now root for the Red Sox in the World Series (you should get there). I had a mate at school (in England) from Boston who was a great fan and always loved 'Cheers'.

GO BOSTON!

Quite literally Cheers weave  :beers:

emjaybee

GOOD NEWS !!!

This link should hopefully get you to my gallery of the Railroad Museum...

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=3121;u=5604

Happy viewing.

@Only Me thanks for the pointer to your info-thread. It did the trick.

Brookline build thread:

Webbo

Just bought myself a Boston Bruins cap less than 2 hours ago - my favourite ice hockey team.

Webbo

emjaybee

Bless my soul! Another Bean-Town devotee.

Brookline build thread:

ozzie Bill.

Some great pics and sounds like a fun trip. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, Bill.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations