Tour de Yorkshire

Started by Newportnobby, May 02, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

For any road cycling fans (and I believe there are some on the forum) the Tour de Yorkshire kicks off on ITV4 tomorrow morning (3rd May).
Expect some great scenery, huge crowds and very competitive cycling!

njee20

Ah yes, good spot. Highlights at 1:45 tomorrow, but looks like they move around day to day.

Mr Sprue

Thanks for the heads up  :thumbsup:

RailGooner

Quote from: Newportnobby on May 02, 2018, 03:43:30 PM

And rain! It's grim up North. :D

Mr Sprue

Quote from: RailGooner on May 02, 2018, 04:51:29 PM

And rain! It's grim up North. :D

Think I'll just stick to the "Sunny South" then! 8)  :D

GroupC

Rain is not forecast! But it is May, in the UK, so anything could happen.

I'm going to watch it on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th stages but haven't decided exactly where yet.. possibly Otley Chevin, Howden and Pickering. But I'll give the cameras a manic wave as they go past so be sure to watch cos you may (unwittingly) see me.

Kudos points to Mr Sprue and his mates for the Bianchis. Top class. (I've got one too!)

Philip.

fingers crossed Mark Cavendish manages to make it past the first stage  ::)

njee20

£10 says he crashes at some point.

gc4946

I'm likely to see the finish of the race in Leeds city centre on Sunday.
"I believe in positive, timely solutions, not vague, future promises"

RichardBattersby

Not sure if the TdY Sportive will be on TV but I'm riding it on the Sunday so look out for me. I'll probably stick around to see the pros come through in Leeds too as I did last year. I just hope I've done enough training.  :help:
Richard
Askham Battersby MKII - NE/Midland Modular Layout

"We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing."

cycletrak9

I aim to be at the top of Greenhow Hil [no doubt with a few thousand others] -It's only four miles down the road from me. In my view the real climb of the day is Park Rash out of Kettlewell - the corner at the start of the climb is 1 in 3 for a few yards [that's 33% in today's money].

Re: Cav crashing - perhaps we should set up a fund to buy him some stabilisers, he does seem to be falling off rather a lot these days.

Mr Sprue

Quote from: cycletrak9 on May 02, 2018, 07:00:05 PM

Re: Cav crashing - perhaps we should set up a fund to buy him some stabilisers, he does seem to be falling off rather a lot these days.

Or a set of these!  :)

TrevL

For any road cycling fans (and I believe there are some on the forum) the Tour de Yorkshire kicks off on ITV4 tomorrow morning (3rd May).

Good call on all three Mick, especially on the ladies race. It was nice to see my home town (Beverley) too.  Weather was kind today.  Cav stayed on, and a Yorky won,  Great day. 
Not getting much modelling done though. The Giro starts tomorrow, so even less for a few weeks.  I hope I don't overload.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

RailGooner

8) It looks absolutely glorious up North today. :sweat:

Newportnobby

I'm the other side of the Pennines and our weather is as good as Scarborough's looks but without the wind :D

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations