VHS to DVD

Started by Lawrence, February 13, 2012, 12:22:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawrence

Wondered if anyone had the set up already in place to copy from VHS to DVD, I have a couple or Railroad DVD's that are still on VHS and we haven't had a video player for years  ::)

poliss

Doesn't always work with the later tapes if they have DRM enabled.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on February 13, 2012, 12:22:16 PM
Wondered if anyone had the set up already in place to copy from VHS to DVD, I have a couple or Railroad DVD's that are still on VHS and we haven't had a video player for years  ::)

Hi Lawrence,

If you want to send them to me I can transfer video to DVD. :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Quote from: newportnobby on February 13, 2012, 01:24:23 PM
Quote from: Lawrence on February 13, 2012, 12:22:16 PM

Hi Lawrence,

If you want to send them to me I can transfer video to DVD. :thumbsup:

I feel a reduction in beers owed coming on  ::)   :smiley-laughing: I'll give you a call this week  :thumbsup:

scotsoft

I can also do this so if Mick cannot do it for some reason feel free shout  ;)

cheers John.

Newportnobby

Quote from: Lawrence on February 13, 2012, 01:25:36 PM

I feel a reduction in beers owed coming on  ::)   :smiley-laughing: I'll give you a call this week  :thumbsup:

I was going to get round to that :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sprintex

Doesn't everybody have a Video/DVD combi-player/ recorder then??  ;D

We got one as we have a lot of car/train/plane videos from way back that are either not available on DVD or it would be too damned expensive to replace them all. Plan to transfer everything to DVD before the VHS tapes wear out  :thumbsup:

Paul

Lawrence

Thanks for the offer John as Mick was first offer he gets the onerous task  ;D

Paul - erm, no  :( We can't get cable or satellite and barely get a decent freeview signal, I have yet to find anything I want to record though  ::)

4x2

Quote from: Sprintex on February 15, 2012, 02:13:21 PM
Doesn't everybody have a Video/DVD combi-player/ recorder then??  ;D

We got one as we have a lot of car/train/plane videos from way back that are either not available on DVD or it would be too damned expensive to replace them all. Plan to transfer everything to DVD before the VHS tapes wear out  :thumbsup:

Paul
not yet.... having read your post - i'm buying one !!!
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations